• 1 Post By DeaconBlue
  • 1 Post By SteveMLS

Thread: Latest fluid leak with my '14 Limited V6

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited AWD V6 Premium, Safe/Conveniece & Tow packages, Opt7 LED fog lamps

Latest fluid leak with my '14 Limited V6

Lets first start about 2 weeks ago when I noticed that the engine didn't seem as smooth at idle. So after checking the maintenance records I added a can of Berryman's B12 to a full tank of gas thinking maybe one of the injectors was dirty. She already has 71K miles on her and I have a fresh set of; spark plugs, ignition coils and a new oil cooler assembly as well as the upper and lower intake gaskets on the shelf in the garage - but no sign of the eventual oil cooler leak, hey this is a 2014 Pentastar V6 after all.

Last evening I notice a oil stain on the driveway under the Durango and I figure well its time to change the leaky oil cooler. So after work this evening I started poking around the oil cooler with a long wire, forcing it into the valley around and under the oil cooler. Every time it came out dry - hmm. So I put her up on a set of ramps and starting looking around underneath her. The driver's side of the front differential was coated with a dark messy oil, as was the drivers side front-to-back tubular member of the front sub frame and the inside edge of the drivers side LCA. I then noticed that the bottom of the drivers side engine mount was coated as well, but nothing above or around it.

Latest fluid leak with my '14 Limited V6-789.gifLatest fluid leak with my '14 Limited V6-123.gifLatest fluid leak with my '14 Limited V6-456.gif

Are these liquid filled engine mounts and if so, do I have a leaky one? While still under the Durango (after taking the pictures) I started searching the internet for Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango leaking engine mounts. Sure enough "lookie at what I found", Mopar is on their 7th p/n for these V6 engine mounts, which means six redesigns. revisions / updates. So that is what I was noticing a few weeks ago - more vibration due to a faulty engine mount. I also watched a few videos on how much fun it is to replace them, especially the drivers side. To raise the engine up high enough to replace the engine mount, you have to remove the upper intake plenum - well if that has to come off, I might as well do the spark plugs and coils at the same time and see if the oil cooler has truly not started to leak yet.

This evening a ordered a pair of the latest p/n I could find (68252518AA) engine mounts hoping I will not have to do this job more than once.
    Don Fox likes this.

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    Well that looks like fun....I know Lexus uses the same type of mount...they also have issues of failing before 100K.

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Vehicle
    Some helpful tips from over on the Jeep forum;

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309...epair-4324557/

I just need to get my hands on a 2014 service manual for all the fastener torque specs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango R/T aka "Altered Carbon"
    Mods
    Yokohama Parada Spec-X 295/45r20's on 20 x 10, WeatherTech inside & out, Tazer, Jay Greene Tune
    TQSpecs.pdf

Here you go.
    DeaconBlue likes this.

Engine Mods:
    aFe CAI, Moe's 87mm TB, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold, Kooks LT headers w/race cats, Borla S catback, A2Speed valve covers, Granatelli coil packs, Billet Technology catchcan & water neck, 180 deg TS, Mopar oil cooler

Suspension Upgrades:
    BlackOps adjustable front upper a-arms, adjustable rear control arms, endlinks, strut brace & Road Magnet lowering springs
    Chrome Brakes® rotors, Brembo calipers, Hawk ceramic pads, 3.70 front & rear diffs

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Vehicle
    Thank you!

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Vehicle
    I ordered a pair of those newest p/n engine mounts and only one showed up. WTF!?! So I called the folks and they were very apologetic and offered to send out the second one next day air on their dime due to it being their mistake. Cool! The only problem was that UPS deemed the fluid filled engine mount as a hazardous material that can't be air shipped and returned the unit to the sender. Really !?! Grrr....

So now I have to wait for the ground shipment and figure out how and when I am going to fit this job in over the busy father's day weekend or take a day off during the week, which sounds better yet.

Sponsored Links