Thread: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) -Thoughts and Impressions

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    I don't know what version of instructions you're posting, but mine will come to a complete stop and hold for a few seconds before giving a warning its about to shut off.
    Maybe the newer software updates work with the collision warning system now?

Anyhow, I agree you can't use as autopilot and need to be aware of your surroundings and traffic.

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi AWD
    Mods
    Spectre CAI, Osram Zivo LED tail lights and back up lights., Weathertech floor liners, Blastin Bobs
    I cut and pasted directly from the 2013 owners manual.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

2013 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD Hemi
    Brilliant Black Crystal P/C

Mods to date: Spectre CAI, OSRAM Zivo LED tail/brake/reverse lights, Weathertech floor liners. Blastin Bobs Resonator Deletes. Partsam LED fog bulbs. Plum Crazy plastidip painted chin spoiler.

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Ahhh, well apparently they made improvements starting in 2014.
    My ACC will come to a complete stop and hold for a few seconds and if traffic doesn't move will then give a warning that its about to disengage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Vehicle
    '17 Durango Citadel
    Yes. This was updated and it IS now ok to use around town subject to certain limitations like the one I posted about. I'm in aviation so the concept of maintaining situational awareness while using cockpit automation is deeply ingrained in my DNA. I was caught by surprise but now that I know that's one of the limitations I'm good. I won't be plowing into anyone cause they've stopped and I'm busy playing on my phone or taking a nap. 8-)

These systems are complex enough that there really should be some training provided to explain more fully the intricacies of their operation.
    '17 Durango Citadel, White Knuckle, Tech, and Tow

a2t
    Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango R/T AWD, Granite/Radar Red
    Mods
    SRT Steering Wheel, Legmaker CAI, gorilla locks, viper start button, husky weatherbeater mats
    they spent a good deal of time explaining system to me when i bought mine.

i think it works pretty well, just used it for 8+ hours on way back from orlando last night. always fun to get back to atlanta which is now the traffic apocalypse. made it 7 hours to south atl then promptly sat in another hour of traffic going to north end. I will fly next time !

anyways, the ACC works great, I couldnt have it any other way. So tiring to always to focusing on speed. This thing just keeps where you want it, focus on driving.

had it set on 92 mph at 1 point and a freakin police Tahoe blew past me (guess I wasnt paying that much attn!). I think he came out of the bushes somewhere. Scared the bejesus outta me. I think he was looking for the leader of the pack I was in, never saw him again but i did slow the hell down to 74 ! My old Tahoe topped out at 96 so I guess the police version has the speed limiter removed lol
    2015 Granite, Nappa Red Leather, AWD, Tow, S/R, 2nd Row Bench

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Vehicle
    '17 Durango Citadel
    Yeah. My dealer didn't say a thing about how stuff works. Of course, I approached him already knowing more about the car than he did so I certainly don't blame them. Sometime being a know-it-all is not a good thing. I even read the manual cover to cover before picking it up too but there's a lot of info there to process. I agree that, knowing what it does and doesn't do, it works brilliantly. It's a joy to use on long trips.
    '17 Durango Citadel, White Knuckle, Tech, and Tow

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Spectre CAI, Osram Zivo LED tail lights and back up lights., Weathertech floor liners, Blastin Bobs
    Not to sound like a troll or anything, but my opinion is and always will be that cruise control is for the highway and possibly long country roads with 50+ speeds and no intersections. Quite honestly the idea of people riding around in traffic on local streets with this engaged scares the hell out of me. I can only imagine what would happen if an accident occured. The cops and insurance and lawyers will have a field day.

Please just be safe people.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

Mods to date: Spectre CAI, OSRAM Zivo LED tail/brake/reverse lights, Weathertech floor liners. Blastin Bobs Resonator Deletes. Partsam LED fog bulbs. Plum Crazy plastidip painted chin spoiler.

Durango Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    You might want to steer clear of Tesla's then as they have had autopilot for a yr or 2 now.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    LOVE the ACC ... everything is better than other system I have driven... Mopar or no car

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase300 View Post
    You might want to steer clear of Tesla's then as they have had autopilot for a yr or 2 now.
    I usually steer clear of them based on principle alone.

All seriousness if it is an automatic driver system like the google cars have that are meant to function in daily city traffic and what not, that doesnt bother me. While the ACC is fairly inuitive, especially the newer version, its just not an auto drive system.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links