Radar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install) - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Radar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD in Granite Crystal Metallic
    [QUOTE=milktruk;197857]Just mounted by Valentine One with Savvy and Blendmount (all inherited from bro-in-law who used in his M3). Had to use a rubber shim since the mirror stem was too thin. The wire goes up and around the windshield, down the left side of my dash, then to the Savvy in the OBD port.

Still trying to figure out where to mount the remote display.

Here's where I put mine. Single screw between two main gauges loosens, and allows you to tip them out slighly to thread the wire in behind and connect up with your Saavy or other power source. I built a small wedge "ramp" out of some epoxy putty to angle the display downward some, and glued it to the remote display. Attach it all with double sided foam tape or adhesive of some kind. It does block easy access to the screw, so if you are worried about that you could attach with velcro for easy removal. I love it here, as it is right in my line of sight for the gauges anyway. Not sure why these post sideways, as the image is correct on my computer program. Sorry
    STUART
    Radar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)-photov1-remote.jpg
    Last edited by MotorMolarDoc; 05-14-2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Oversteer scares passengers; understeer scares drivers.

Mod's; Billet Tech catch can and other goodies, Volant CAI, Hypertech Interceptor, Mopar pedals, e-brake and custom dead pedal, Caliper covers, Matte Black vinyl/red pinstripe hood and fender stripes, true Hyperblack rims, debadge.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Vehicle
    2014 R/T AWD
    [QUOTE=MotorMolarDoc;222384]
    Quote Originally Posted by milktruk View Post
    Just mounted by Valentine One with Savvy and Blendmount (all inherited from bro-in-law who used in his M3). Had to use a rubber shim since the mirror stem was too thin. The wire goes up and around the windshield, down the left side of my dash, then to the Savvy in the OBD port.

Still trying to figure out where to mount the remote display.

Here's where I put mine. Single screw between two main gauges loosens, and allows you to tip them out slighly to thread the wire in behind and connect up with your Saavy or other power source. I built a small wedge "ramp" out of some epoxy putty to angle the display downward some, and glued it to the remote display. Attach it all with double sided foam tape or adhesive of some kind. It does block easy access to the screw, so if you are worried about that you could attach with velcro for easy removal. I love it here, as it is right in my line of sight for the gauges anyway. Not sure why these post sideways, as the image is correct on my computer program. Sorry
    STUART
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoV1 Remote.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	22614
    I ended up using some Velcro to attach it to the top of my steering column, just below the center gauge. Its about an inch away from the dash so I can still adjust the steering wheel up/down or in/out without cramming the display into the dash. I drive with my steering wheel low to the point it would block the display if I mounted where you did - but it was an option I explored.

Pic was taken back in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mods/Upgrades/Add-Ons: Volant PowerCore, V6 Triton Ambers, 3M 15% Tint, Mopar Bright Pedals (+ Parking), BT Catch Can/Caps/Covers, Husky Liners Mud Guards, Bust a Nut Dead Pedal, Corsa Cat-Back, Fumoto Valve, MGP Caliper Covers, SRT Push Start Button, Micro LED Fogs, Savini Black Di Forza BM-13 20x10 (Mar-Nov), Gorilla Wheel Locks, DiabloSport Trinity (Hemifever 93-Stat), GGR Strut Bar, Thinkware F800/F800R, MotoRad 180 T-Stat, ZAutomotive TaZer, 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats, RCP HIDs

Member #
    Liked
    326 times
    I like it!!! Good job
    milktruk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Vehicle
    '15 RT AWD
    I finally migrated from Savvy to RadarMount mirrortap. I've been using V1 for 20+ years but made a shift to Max 360 well over a year ago so functionality of Savvy not necessary with 360, and it appears that Savvy may have been exhibiting a negative side effect, not the battery draw issue, something else that may be corrected with newer firmware, will get my Savvy updated and report back in the future.

Radar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)-durangomirrortap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 14Hemi View Post
    I may slide the power wire tap back into the connector and attach a ring terminal for the ground and attach that to the ground screw that's right by the connector. I think that the 2 slots being right together may be the reason the fuse blew, since it would be very easy to short them together when installing them - they fit very tight and are right against each other.
    That is exactly why I did just that - the slots on the harness make the power/ground right on top of each other, way too close if not in contact (insulated section). Plus with the second ground line it is extremely difficult to insert the pin into the mirror side harness.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    17' Durango RT
    Mods
    TBD
    Any specific details for a blend mount & MirrorTap install for 2017 R/T?
    Current:
    17' Durango RT
    Previous:
    16' Camaro SS w/ 2SS

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    17' Durango RT
    Mods
    TBD
    is the BMX-2000R the correct model# for blendmount for 17' Durango?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    17' Durango RT
    Mods
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
    is the BMX-2000R the correct model# for blendmount/Max360 for 17' Durango?
    Nope!

BMX 2017 is the perfect fit with the swivel base so radar faces driver set better!

Blendmount was great with finding a solution after realizing the 2000R had a fixed position & not ideal.

Radar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)-906ea7e8-e8e0-4ecc-8684-3b8f16758494.jpegRadar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)-d6d7c3ef-4c90-4f34-a27b-1415523505cc.jpegRadar Detector installed! (2014 Durango mirrortap install)-8351ac04-aeee-4ab5-902a-4a00f18d9f66.jpeg
    Current:
    17' Durango RT
    Previous:
    16' Camaro SS w/ 2SS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links