So after driving the truck for a few days the driver side window stopped working. It made some weird growling noises at me when I used it before, but I thought that maybe there was some dirt or something inside. Nope, that thing was so pissed off that it started eating itself.
I absolutely hate working in the dark, but I had to figure out the problem so I could get it fixed ASAP. Kuwait hardly gets rain, but this year has been pretty bad. There's been flooding and all sorts of weird weather going on this past year, so I needed to get this window working.
Like I said, the window regulator started eating itself. The white plastic piece that goes inside the spring guide was torn apart and chunks were missing. I thought I'd be able to glue some stuff together until the new regulator came in, but that was not an option after looking at the disaster I pulled out. I found a wooden stick in the bushes and replaced the regulator with that. It's not OEM, but it'll have to do until I get the new part.
BAD! BAD! BAD!
Well, after about 9 days of waiting I finally received the new part and took the 1 screw out of the door panel and replaced that damaged window regulator. I figured I'd do it in the daytime...
So, it went in pretty easily. Took about 10 minutes to get it installed, the window seems to be working now. Sorry I didn't get a pic of the new regulator, but I was too excited to put it in. I did get a video of it working though.