Anyone using Adam's detailing stuff?
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anyone using Adam's detailing stuff?

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Vehicle
    2017 R/T , Tech Package, Tow Package, Sun Roof, Black Top.
    Mods
    K&N. [email protected] 1/4 mile

Anyone using Adam's detailing stuff?

Hello all,
    I just got in some Adam's waterless Wash and the Micro Fiber towels to do such. I also got some Wheel cleaner but that's for my son's Audi as I keep my wheels waxed and they clean right up with jus soaping water. I have the black out package so they are high gloss black.
    The Waterless wash works well but I don't think it's as good or better then Maguiars Waterless wash and wax which also has spray wax in it. With Adam's you need to do it twice as after the wash, you gotta spray wax it. I use Maguire's for just about everything and thinking about trying out all of Adam's stuff. The Wash works well for what it is and I can see the reason behind not putting the wax in it so you don't get a build up. BUT I wash my truck almost ever week unless it's just dusty or slightly dirty and then I use the waterless products.
    I fully had coat my truck with a Synthetic wax about once a month then keep up on it with spray wax after washing. Just about every single wash I spray wax as I love that fresh wax feel.
    Enjoying life as we know it.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Vehicle
    2008 Limited
    Mods
    Ongoing
    Griot's and Chemical Guys products for me. Griot's for years ans Chemical Guys for about the last year or so.
    2013 Durango Citadel AWD White Knuckle paint
    2008 Durango Limited with every option available
    2004 Durango SLT (For Sale soon)
    2002 Chrysler 300m Special
    2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Vehicle
    2018 R/T
    I was using Adam's almost exclusively for everything. I was semi happy, because there was always something that made me want to try other products out. I am a Waterless Wash person too, and I've noticed while it cleans great, it needs the detail spray afterwards. I was also using their blue microfiber weave towels that were suppose to be made for waterless washes.

One thing that may cut down messing with the cleaning I found after the fact is better microfiber towels. I am now using a two pack of Griots Garage PFM 55586 microfiber towels I purchased on Amazon. Big difference, they absorb the Waterless Wash very well, and normally I don't need to go over the paint again with a detail spray. I am super happy with them, and will be purchasing more in the future.

I have also started using McKee's 37 products and I've been much happier overall so far. About 2 weeks ago I used their ceramic coating which came out great. It has since not left the garage as I've been getting the last days of my Charger Daytona 392 fix before winter LOL!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 R/T
    Muffler Delete, Tail Light Vinyl, Reflective Concepts Vinyl Overlays on Tailgate, Dodge Tail Light Letters Removed, Black Exhaust Tips, Chrome Tailgate Letters Replaced W/ Blacktop Badges, Chrome R/T Front Grill Badge, Pedal Commander, Thinkware F800 Pro Front & Rear Dash Cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    I got Cars and Coffee Detail spray which is a product that you spray on after a regular wash before you dry. You spray on the car then dry it off. This is a unique product and works great. I was actually surprised how well it works.
    I also picked up some Leather clean and conditioner but haven't tried them out yet. My seats are always very clean and tidy but I plan on trying it out once needed.
    The Tire Armour is another unique product. It comes out satin which I love I don't like high gloss tire shine and it lasts a very long time. Even after a few washes it still leaves your tires fresh dressed looking. Amazing product to say the least.
    I plan on doing a full Ceramic coating from Adams. I'm gonna do it this late spring after a full clay and prep. I keep my truck in tip top clean condition but this winter is damn cold and I'm not keeping up on it like I would like to. It's to damn cold outside.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Vehicle
    2018 R/T
    I am a total clean freak, and have to have everything I drive look good. This can be a problem in the winter, especially when one of the vehicles isn't garage kept. Combined with the cold and the salt they use on the roads here, I haven't cleaned or washed either vehicle in over a month. Honestly, since I ceramic coated both of them, they don't need it all that bad anyway. When it gets wet, they more or less clean themselves off taking almost all the dried on salt from the roads with it most of the time. They are still dirty don't get me wrong, but you have to be a couple of feet away or closer to notice.

This time last year, I had just a paint sealant on the Durango and the salt just stuck to the paint leaving me no choice but to find a car wash and clean it off once a week, and I still had to clean it when I got home. I have saved so much time and money with the coatings. Whatever ceramic you end up using I'm sure you'll love it as I do.

DuRonbo likes this.
    2018 R/T
    Muffler Delete, Tail Light Vinyl, Reflective Concepts Vinyl Overlays on Tailgate, Dodge Tail Light Letters Removed, Black Exhaust Tips, Chrome Tailgate Letters Replaced W/ Blacktop Badges, Chrome R/T Front Grill Badge, Pedal Commander, Thinkware F800 Pro Front & Rear Dash Cam

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by jfire72 View Post
    I am a total clean freak, and have to have everything I drive look good. This can be a problem in the winter, especially when one of the vehicles isn't garage kept. Combined with the cold and the salt they use on the roads here, I haven't cleaned or washed either vehicle in over a month. Honestly, since I ceramic coated both of them, they don't need it all that bad anyway. When it gets wet, they more or less clean themselves off taking almost all the dried on salt from the roads with it most of the time. They are still dirty don't get me wrong, but you have to be a couple of feet away or closer to notice.

This time last year, I had just a paint sealant on the Durango and the salt just stuck to the paint leaving me no choice but to find a car wash and clean it off once a week, and I still had to clean it when I got home. I have saved so much time and money with the coatings. Whatever ceramic you end up using I'm sure you'll love it as I do.

I'm mental with my vehicles. I'm also a clean freak. I keep mine in the garage and like to come out when I'm bored and clean something. Wax a fender or vacuum the interior. I'm always in the garage on weekends. This winter is killing me. My truck is filthy right now from the salt snow and rain and it pains me to see her in this condition. Honestly I don't even like to drive in any weather conditions that are not sunny cool or night driving on a cool night.
    This spring I plan on doing a full Ceramic coating after a full paint correction clay and deep clean. I've never really researched that kind of product as I'm old school and use wax with Spray wax in-between waxes. I'm excited to do it I'm gonna use Adam's Polishes. I'm an X detailer and still own a Buffer.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Geographic location based on the chemicals company actually applies lol here is my theory

Chemical guys and Meguiars based in the LA area: hardly deal with rain, no snow, no salt, no winter of really any kind. Harshest thing the deal with is dust. Don't get me wrong they have decent products, carnauba's are easy to work with and seem to work. Tire shine is nice. But thats because they deal with those issues on a regular bases, show cars, hot weather and dust.

Griot's is based out of Tacoma, WA and being from the PNW we have some nasty weather, however its rain.... and for a week a year we have some light snow that turns into ice and most of the city just shuts down lol

Adams HQ is in Denver, they have harsh weather, SOME of the harshest conditions in the country, salt, ice, snow, dust, sun they have it all. There products work for those conditions they are tested in those conditions they are certianly going to work for anything less than those conditions.... that's why I use them, its my theory.

If I lived in LA I would probably be more apt to using a chemical guys products because they also work, but they don't hold up to the nasty rain even here in Oregon (in my opinion)

and Meguiars is Meguiars, I would rather use candle wax than some of the car products they produce. Sorry guys. If you can buy it at a gas station it doesn't belong on a car.
    mantis likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

2018 Durango R/T

White Knuckle
    Blacktop Package
    Technology Group
    Tow Package

Mods are coming......

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Pro of living in the pacific northwest; all the environmentalist (tree-huggers) wont allow the salt to be on the roads its to toxic lol makes for a nice clean car.
    mantis likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

2018 Durango R/T

White Knuckle
    Blacktop Package
    Technology Group
    Tow Package

Mods are coming......

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by durango_RT View Post
    Geographic location based on the chemicals company actually applies lol here is my theory

Chemical guys and Meguiars based in the LA area: hardly deal with rain, no snow, no salt, no winter of really any kind. Harshest thing the deal with is dust. Don't get me wrong they have decent products, carnauba's are easy to work with and seem to work. Tire shine is nice. But thats because they deal with those issues on a regular bases, show cars, hot weather and dust.

Griot's is based out of Tacoma, WA and being from the PNW we have some nasty weather, however its rain.... and for a week a year we have some light snow that turns into ice and most of the city just shuts down lol

Adams HQ is in Denver, they have harsh weather, SOME of the harshest conditions in the country, salt, ice, snow, dust, sun they have it all. There products work for those conditions they are tested in those conditions they are certianly going to work for anything less than those conditions.... that's why I use them, its my theory.

If I lived in LA I would probably be more apt to using a chemical guys products because they also work, but they don't hold up to the nasty rain even here in Oregon (in my opinion)

and Meguiars is Meguiars, I would rather use candle wax than some of the car products they produce. Sorry guys. If you can buy it at a gas station it doesn't belong on a car.
    Interesting takes on the different companies.
    Maguire's doesn't make poor products. They actually make pretty decent stuff. I use to be a professional detailer back in my College years and used just about every product then under the sun. maguire's was never the best stuff available BUT they are also not the worse either.
    Your theory on if it's at a gas station it doesn't belong on my car I get that thinking and you know what? I also got a lot of that in me was well. I can be snobbish about a lot of things which some are legit reasons and some is my own personal hang ups.
    I gotta agree with you about the weather thing circling back to that thinking and I think that's why Adam's stuff works so well at least what I have experienced so far. I plan on running through the entire line and deciding if they are worth the extra money. They are one of the more expensive brands out there. I never found a single brand that everything is top notch but so far Adam's is holding that candle.
    Thanks for the input man.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    Interesting takes on the different companies.
    Maguire's doesn't make poor products. They actually make pretty decent stuff. I use to be a professional detailer back in my College years and used just about every product then under the sun. maguire's was never the best stuff available BUT they are also not the worse either.
    Your theory on if it's at a gas station it doesn't belong on my car I get that thinking and you know what? I also got a lot of that in me was well. I can be snobbish about a lot of things which some are legit reasons and some is my own personal hang ups.
    I gotta agree with you about the weather thing circling back to that thinking and I think that's why Adam's stuff works so well at least what I have experienced so far. I plan on running through the entire line and deciding if they are worth the extra money. They are one of the more expensive brands out there. I never found a single brand that everything is top notch but so far Adam's is holding that candle.
    Thanks for the input man.
    I don't mean to sound snobbish, I grew up using Megs. I have boxes of the stuff in my garage. Meguiar's uses to be different, they seem to be geared towards marketing items that don't make since.... IE: sprayable Hybrid Ceramic Wax (what is that? spray on a wet car then spray it off with hose then dry it and boom your car is ceramic coated.) (not that Adams didn't just come out with sprayable ceramic wax, you don't seem me running out to buy it. But if it were the real thing it would cost four times as much as the actual ceramic wax because there is 4 times as much fluid in the bottle its not the same stuff so they shouldn't market it as the same thing)

A few of my opinions about products:
    - Meguair's and Chemical Guys car soaps smell nice, that's about all they do I personally think they do more harm than good.
    - Chemical guys Silk Shine Tire shine is actually a great product, it looks wetter than most tire shines on the market (Adam's included) and last longer, never seen it sling anything on the paint or anything quality product for cheap. Tire Armour from Adams is better but
    in a different category) Meguair's has some okay tire shine very oily and slings the others are in aerosol form which is the WORST IDEA EVER.
    - The ultimate line is a consumer line if that, compound has some ice cut, polish is alright, ultimate wax seals as good as a screen door on a submarine. Jet seal from Chemical guys isn't bad. I'm on to ceramics now.
    - waterless washes from the three companies all work pretty well, Chemical guys seems to leave the surface more oily in my opinion but still good.
    - spray detailer's, Adams, Adams, Adams hands down never been more impressed with a product its my favorite detail product.
    - towels goes to Adams as well as the amount of different ones they have, that being said, I use Meguair's drying towels regularly, and chemical guys 2 faced towels.
    - I actually really like Meguiar's perfect clarity glass kit, they include a very abrasive compound that works well on water spots, the sealer is okay, Adams is a better sealer and easier to use.
    - glass cleaners, Adams again, Meguiar's used to be really good for me, then I tried Adam's I look no further.
    - Never tried Meguiar's leather conditioner, (gold class i believe) I bought chemical guys and Adams, Adams last a little longer, if you like the heavy leather smell chemical guys
    - Adams interior detailer is all you'll ever need, Megs and Chemical guys works also as well, I am not in extreme enough heat or sun to notice is "UV protection" my cars are garaged and I don't have them long enough to notice fading lol
    - Meguair's actually does a good job with the carnuaba's, people forget carnuaba's are for shine, not for longevity. Best thing to do is put a sealent down, then use a PURE carnuaba (I think gold class is pure) over the top every 6 months. (I cant stress the pure part enough, most carnuabas have a cleaner in them and it will strip the sealer)
    - Chemical guys makes a line of compounds and polishes V32-V38 those work, I wouldn't use V32 on anything but hand, I think they put sand in it lol, Meguair's are dusty they work, just dusty. Adams work well a little low on options but that's probably because they work (which leads me into my last point)

Go look at Adams, Chemical guys and Meguiar's website, how many products do you see that do the same thing on each of the sites?
    I don't even think Chemical guys know what the chemical does before they make it, they have 30 things to clean the tires 40 different car soaps (exaggerations) and Meguiar's has a 3 different lines at consumer level that do the same also. (both geared towards marketing different people to entice them to buy)
    Adams has one product for each thing because it works. They don't have dissatisfied customers so no need to create new lines.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

2018 Durango R/T

White Knuckle
    Blacktop Package
    Technology Group
    Tow Package

Mods are coming......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links