Dodge Durango Forum banner

CD player

25K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  TheAsphalt 
#1 ·
Still waiting for my 2014 V8 Cherry Red Citadel to get here. I ordered the CD player, but now am reading how it takes up the whole console. Does anyone have pics? I hope I don't regret ordering it. Thanks.

#2 ·
i saw the center console cd player on a durango in the dealer showroom. it does take up the usable space. I can grab some pics tomorrow when I go back there. I am taking delivery of our new citadel, it has the 8.4 3d nav unit with 9 speakers. I do not know if that will play cd's....I do not see a single cd player on the window sticker.

#3 ·
It takes up approx 1/3-1/2 of the storage space in the deep pocket section of the front center console.

Best photo I could find. This D does not have the CD option but this will give you an idea of what to expect.
http://cimg.carsforsale.com/368502/1C4RDJAG2EC314039_10.jpg

durango1 - look for answer in your other thread.

-Danny

#5 ·
It makes the console pretty much useless. Not to mention the glove compartment doesn't have much more room for the manual and important papers. I like the in-seat storage my husband's Dart has, not to mention how deep the glove compartment is. Storage is a must for me, but I guess I can live with learning to not carry around so much stuff.

#7 ·
Yeah I keep my pocketbook in the center console in case I ever get pulled over my ID and insurance are in easy reach. But when I test drove a Limited with the CD player in the console I was like, "There's no way this is going to work." The good thing is there is a space below the UConnect to put some stuff. That would be the place I toss my phone, but I'm thinking of going with a car mount I've seen recommended on androidcentral: Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA It integrates right into the car with no drilling or sticky residue. And with space apparently being at a premium in the Durango, I figured some people would want a heads up on this type of mount for their new car.

#8 ·
That Cd player is going to get junk in it after a short while
Not well thought out by Dodge
STEVE

#12 ·
With all that's out there for music these days I don't see a need for CDs anymore. USB sticks and SD cards have way more storage. And with Pandora, iHeart radio and Sirius you have all the choices you could ask for.

Actually I just thought of something. Where do you put the DVD for the rear entertainment? Does that go in the center console? If not screw the DVD changer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.