Dodge Durango Forum banner

2014 Limited stock offset 18' wheels

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Lanson 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am running 285/60/18 Coopers on my 2014 limited and i'm looking into 18" aftermarket wheels.

Anybody know the stock offset? I was looking at 18x9 +25 offset and wondering if anybody has any input on rubbing or problems with the 25. I want a more aggressive stance but don't want to have to break out the tools to make any major adjustments.

I see Tirerack has +30 with some of the XD wheels paired with 265/60's so 25 can't be that far off from being ok.

any input on offsets or anything please let me know.

Thanks!!

Mike

#2 ·
I'm running 20x9 +34, and its "flush". So, your +25 offset will poke quite a bit. Should still work, but it was probably originally for Grand Cherokees, maybe ones with small fender flares.

See if you can find something slightly more inboard. Tire rack may not be the best source. I was looking at bbwheelsonline, which has done well with other forums I visit like the Colorado forum, and they have lots of 5x127 offerings in variable offsets and widths. An 18x9 +35 for instance, or similar. Raceline, XD, ATX, and MKW. I like the ATX in 18x8.5, the nice looking 5 star. Not super-aggressive, may need spacers, but I'm sure you'll find one you like with a more ideal offset. OR...just go with the one you want and start cutting if needed!

#3 ·
Thanks Lanson!

I went to the CarID website and looking at some of the pictures here and a little searching I might go with the 18x9 with a +38 offset. It looks like the stock setup is a +50 and you're right the +25 will be a little too far out.

I don't think there are a lot of 18" aftermarket owners here unfortunately...If the budget wasn't soo tight I would have gone 20's or 22's.

Thanks again!

#4 ·
Well 18's suit really well for off-road or rough roads, but 20's will be much more sporty. Pricing should be comparable either way, its when you get to 22" that things get a little more pricey. I'm not sure if you're local or not, but I am considering swapping out my Goliaths for something different.

18's would be pretty sweet if you're going for a tough all-terrain type look though. Probably won't look so hot for street.

#5 ·
I live in Upstate NY unfortunately so I have to put on a set of Winter tires/wheels for about 4 months. It bites, but just part of the deal up here. I was going for an off-road look and just a beefier stance plus I just got the set of 285 on my stock wheels. Maybe if i sell my house and my kids I can upgrade to an SRT LOL.

#6 ·
With that type of look, 18's should be just right. Take a look at the ATX wheel, its that fat 5 star thing with the bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.