Dodge Durango Forum banner

Let's see those Durango towing pics!

130K views 209 replies 113 participants last post by  K70-Ingo 
#1 ·
Great to see Durangos being used to their potential!
Show 'em off ladies and gents.

#36 ·
2012 Durango Citadel towing an Aluma 6x12 aluminum trailer with a 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Sport utility vehicle

At around 2k lbs, its not much work for the Hemi, but you know its back there on every turn, as the BSW chimes when you make a 90° turn. We have a fair amount of trails here in PA, many 40+ miles trail systems within a 3 hour drive from me. At least with the Hemi D, I don't have to beat on it to make the hills like I did with my poor Kia V6 SUV.

#40 ·
I found an oldie today:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking Sport utility vehicle

A lot has changed since then even if it doesn't look like it.

#50 · (Edited)
New Trailer Day. A 28' Fun Finder that's essentially the exact same trailer that was included in the review of the Shadow Cruiser/Durango combo that everyone has probably seen by now (same manufacturer, Cruiser RV, different model lines).

And yes, since you're all thinking it, we found the fun. All of it. There is no fun left for anyone else.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Travel trailer Vehicle Trailer Transport RV

#54 ·
New Trailer Day. A 28' Fun Finder that's essentially the exact same trailer that was included in the review of the Shadow Cruiser/Durango combo that everyone has probably seen by now (same manufacturer, Cruiser RV, different model lines).

And yes, since you're all thinking it, we found the fun. All of it. There is no fun left for anyone else.

I get the same looks with my Durango and Passport 2810BH. I just towed it from Montana to Alaska with no problems whatsoever...2700 miles :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52 ·
Definitely won the "Lots of Comments From Bemused and/or Horrified Onlookers" award. Towed three times now (once home from the dealer, then we just did our first trip this weekend for Memorial Day) and have had three people query us on whether or not we had lost our G-D minds. Well, not in those words exactly, but you get my drift. And this doesn't even count the comment overheard in the dealer's garage when they were installing the hitch, when one worker said to the other in a tone that can only be described as "incredulity": ".......it's a DURANGO!!"

#55 ·
LOL!
Yes, I know what you're talking about...too many people assume you need a large pickup to pull anything these days with many thinking you need at least a 2500.
I use to get mostly Toyota owners come up to me at the boat ramp when I was retrieving my 26' boat from the water with my 2001 D.
They were impressed a SUV that small could pull that size boat.
I would tell them the D was a full frame truck with a V8 and 3.92 rear end. But they had no clue what that meant they just figured their V6 Toyota must be able to pull the same as it was the same size as the D. I would just agree with them.

#60 ·
If you're talking to me... ours is 28ft plus tongue and bumper and just over 5900lbs dry. Not clear to me if that includes the LP bottles but of course it doesn't include the WD hitch. I personally wouldn't recommend any travel trailer that is much heavier or longer, you just won't be able to make the numbers work.