Dodge sure has some very strange Durango ordering restrictions.
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dodge sure has some very strange Durango ordering restrictions.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet

Unhappy Dodge sure has some very strange Durango ordering restrictions.

I joined this forum a month or so back because I thought my wife had a Durango in the bag. But not to be.

I have shopped dealer lots and have NOT found the Durango we wanted. Nothing personal to anyone who owns
    a black or gray or white Durango. But I believe Dodge has some of the least color choices of any car manufacturer.

I contacted a dealership and thru email I requested my Durango.

Durango GT
    2 WD
    Blue by you
    black and beige interior
    safety and tech package
    trailer package
    and.the BRASS MONKEY WHEELS.

Was told if I order the brass monkey wheels I have to get the black interior. WHY? No explanation given
    If I ordered the black and beige interior, I could NOT order the Blackout Package. WHY? No explanation given.

What do the wheels have to do with the interior? What does the black badges have to do with the interior?

I quit the order as the dealer kept trying to put me in loaded Durangos, with options I do NOT want....but are
    expected to pay for. I told the dealer what i wanted and was willing to even pay for a red GT, but of course it
    had the sunroof, the $2300 package for radio and so forth.....and they didn't even offer to sell it for cost.

So..my love affair with the Durango is on hold. The GT was for my wife ...........while I shopped for an RT for myself.

Little do dealers realize the right deal can make them a decent profit. But it's push what is on the lot.

The RT I drove had the ACC (adjustable cruise control) but I wasn't allowed to take the vehicle on the highway to test it.
    3 right turns around the block and park it. Wow...what a test drive. Never broke 35 mph. Thanks Mr. Salesman. I questioned why
    I couldn't experience the vehicle as I intended to use it and I was told the Sales Manager would need to write a letter of
    approval for a longer test drive. SAY WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

The dealer had 47 Durangos, a mix of all models, and yet only one had the ACC. There were no blue ones. A sea of black
    and silver and white and grey. A few red but that's it.

Being 65 years old........and this maybe being my last vehicle..........I would like to have the vehicle I want for MY MONEY......
    and not have one I am coerced to take.

In short, I want the Homecoming Queen and not one of her attendants............afterall, IT IS MY MONEY. RIGHT????????

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Vehicle
    '17 Durango Citadel
    You are absolutely right. Your money, your way, or hit the highway...

Just sounds like a horrible dealer. Try another one. I live in the Memphis area and all the dealers are like this. I ended up finding a dealer in INDIANA that was straight with me about everything. Looks like you need to do the same (but maybe not all the way to Indiana...haha).
    '17 Durango Citadel, White Knuckle, Tech, and Tow

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    Vehicle
    2011 Crew / 2014 Limited
    Mods
    HIDs, Mopar Hitch/wiring, Mopar splash guards, Heated leather conversion in 2011 Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by azmusclecar View Post

In short, I want the Homecoming Queen and not one of her attendants............afterall, IT IS MY MONEY. RIGHT????????
    Sometimes life makes you sample attendants before you get the queen.
    -Brian
    '11 Crew AWD 3.6L
    Spectre intake
    OPT7 HIDs
    OPT7 CREE V2 fogs (wired as DRL)
    Mopar steps
    Mopar hitch/wiring
    Mopar mud guards
    WeatherTech mats
    Mopar door sill guards
    OPT7 FluxBeam DRLs
    Cloth to Leather Conversion
    '14 Limited 2WD 3.6L
    AFE Intake
    Opt7 LEDs
    Opt7 HID 3000k fogs
    Go Rhino steps
    Clean Cut Decals door sill guards
    Mopar hitch/wiring
    Mopar mud guards
    Husky mats
    Luverne 3" bull bar
    255/75R17 Wranglers
    Vvivid vinyl interior trim
    Custom license plate LED mod

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    My dealership made us go on the hiway! Sounds like a sub-par dealership.
    1999 Durango 360 FM 50mm, PS Headers, K&N FIPK, Rancho RSX's, SuperChips 3865, T/S lift, Hughes plenum/rebuild
    2012 Challenger SXT 3.6l, 267HP, 254 torque, Diablo Intune, FM 74/80mm_GONE
    2015 Dart Aero turbo1.4t, GFB DV+ BOV
    2004 RAM HEMI QC LB 7" lifted 2WD Rancho9000x, FM 84mm, SC 3815, factory freak
    2005 Magnum R/T 2WD "police package"

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Like doctors... there are good one and bad ones. My local Dodge dealership didn't want to work with me on price when I initially was Durango R/T shopping so I ended up making a factory order with one about 30 miles away. Mostly all dealerships will want to push you into a loaded model in their inventory. As for colors, options and packages, most of the auto manufacturers have their limitations on what can be mixed.
    2017 Durango R/T AWD - Redline - Black Interior
    Blacktop - Technology - Towing - Sunroof - CD Player

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Vehicle
    2014 R/T
    I hear you. I'm now 66 years old, bought my 2014 R/T after decades of owning performance sedans. This may be my last vehicle as well. But, buy what you want, and don't let a stupid dealer try to push you into something you don't want. I was lucky--I have a very good local dealer. Went in and told them exactly what I wanted, they found it (on another dealer's lot) and we made a great deal. No reason you shouldn't be able to do the same.

Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    There may be some mix restrictions, but if you go build a vehicle on dodge.com those are usually pointed out in the build menus.
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post
    There may be some mix restrictions, but if you go build a vehicle on dodge.com those are usually pointed out in the build menus.

I have tried that site.......whoever designed it sure put the minimum effort in it. It seems so slow.........and after completing the build you go on to find vehicles on dealers lot and the parameters keep resetting after a search.............the slide bar goes back to 25 miles when I have it set to look for a vehicle over 200 miles. NOT very user friendly to me. I've seen other comments posted similar so my expectations were very low and the website designer sure met my those.

I believe my point is............

WHY CAN'T I GET BRASS MONKEY WHEELS????????????????????????????????? When the color of the interior is the reason? What does one have to do with the other??????

What does the blackout package have to do with the interior color? It would make sense.......if it made sense............but to me.......no reason given by dealer or sales manager.

Car buying sure has lost it's appeal............it used to be exciting, now it's like a doctor visit. What's wrong. Take this. Next............keep it moving.

Oh I found an RT at a dealership yesterday on Craigslist. I called....and after a lengthy wait, the dealer comes back and tells me the car sold on Nov 11. Guess the time to remove the ad is too much for them. Thanks for more wasted time.
    Last edited by azmusclecar; 12-09-2016 at 06:10 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    There are restrictions because the packages are for style/image reasons. Dodge is not the only make that does this, so don't think it's just Dodge.

Find a new dealer, order what you want as close as you can get it. I'm betting you could buy the wheels after the fact and sell the factory wheels pretty easily.

If you can't find what you want on the lot - order it. If a dealer won't order you a specific, buildable configuration, move on to another dealer.

Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    The days when you could get pretty much any combination of options are long gone - this is true for just about all car manufacturers (might not be true of Rolls-Royce, I don't know) ...
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links