Dodge sure has some very strange Durango ordering restrictions. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dodge sure has some very strange Durango ordering restrictions.

Durango Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    The dealership should or could simply swap brass monkey wheels on from another vehicle or just order them in.
    I would just work that in and if not, I'd just pick them up off ebay or they are now available in knock-offs.

I always tell the salesman up front that I'm taking the vehicle on the highway so I don't get the "drive around the block" test route.

Good Luck with your search.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet
    I realize it's a cookie cutter process now..........stamp it out, paint it and put it out for sale. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just missing the old days of having a vehicle personalized at least to some extent. The aftermarket exists for add-ons yes. I just wanted or expected to be able to choose what I felt was a few items to satisfy my own eye candy.

Just a note but go to Chevy's website and look at the new Colorado.............for those that think you can't personalize a vehicle. I was overwhelmed with the choices. I considered the Colorado but I truly love the Durango.

So there are still automobile options out there..........not just at Rolls Royce. To me, it's the Durango model that is seemingly overlooked by Dodge. Otherwise, why isn't there an SRT model? Or a Mango Orange option? Or even SRT wheels? The Durango is a great pallet and it seems Chrysler isn't willing to help it become even more popular.

I love the vehicle mind you, I'm just sad to see it in a state of apathetic design appeal and marketing. It could be so much more. Much much more. Especially with it's underpinnings and drive train. I'll end up with one but I feel I have the right to complain all the way to the dealership with my 45K-50K in my pocket. If you don't wish to hear me whine, then don't read this..or pretend you didn't read this............

Member #
    Liked
    891 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Quote Originally Posted by azmusclecar View Post
    Just a note but go to Chevy's website and look at the new Colorado.............for those that think you can't personalize a vehicle. I was overwhelmed with the choices. I considered the Colorado but I truly love the Durango.
    Just went over to chevy.com and did a "build and price" on an LT. They do the same thing. There are a lot of choices, but a lot of the combinations are not possible.. in particular, if you choose the black/grey interior (the only choices are black/black and black/grey) and then go chose any of several different packages - your interior gets reset to black/black.
    Be amazed at the friends
    You have here on your trip
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet
    I agree there are some color restrictions but overall.......the choices are a lot more when it comes to customizing your vehicle.

Durango Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Vehicle
    15 Durango R/T
    IMO if you really want to customize your vehicle to your liking, use the aftermarket to do it. The factory wheels are too narrow and too high of an offset to look good on the Durango, and if you order whatever you want to order, and then immediately pick out a quality set of aftermarket wheels (maybe tires as well if you desire higher performance or a size change.) Interior, the red would probably clash with the Brass Monkey, and blackout only comes in black or red. I know you know that, but its basically a package decision far beyond dealer control.
    '15 Durango R/T
    20x9 +34 SRT8 "Goliath" wheels, 265/50-20 Pirelli's
    Near complete on full audio overhaul - JBL MS-8 processor, Massive Nano N3 & NX4 amps, Sundown 10" SD-3 pair, Image Dynamics X69, Alpine SPX Pro tweets, Wavecor center. Everything stealth, and It sounds AMAZING!
    Build log HERE

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited AWD w/ Premium Group
    I am sure I am in a minority here but the color choice is the LAST thing on my list. If the features are there then I am buying the car. Who cares about the color...

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanson View Post
    IMO if you really want to customize your vehicle to your liking, use the aftermarket to do it. The factory wheels are too narrow and too high of an offset to look good on the Durango, and if you order whatever you want to order, and then immediately pick out a quality set of aftermarket wheels (maybe tires as well if you desire higher performance or a size change.) Interior, the red would probably clash with the Brass Monkey, and blackout only comes in black or red. I know you know that, but its basically a package decision far beyond dealer control.
    I believe I may have confused you and others. I was interested in 2 Durangos.

A GT for my wife in Blu by you with beige and black interior, with the Brass Monkey Wheels to compliment the interior beige. Okay?
    She wanted the Adaptive Cruise, the power lift gate and I wanted the tow package on it. Done......that's it.

I wanted an RT for myself.....in Graphite WITH the black and red interior. I have been searching and have found one in Texas used and one in California new.

I am working on MY R/T deal aside from trying to order my wife's GT model.

Hers is the priority now............thus the frustration.............my bad...................my R/T I will more than likely order it after the New Year.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango
    Mods
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Szy_szka View Post
    I am sure I am in a minority here but the color choice is the LAST thing on my list. If the features are there then I am buying the car. Who cares about the color...
    My money, MY CHOICE..............thanks for playing.
    Pappy35 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    891 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Absolutely.
    Be amazed at the friends
    You have here on your trip
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee 858
    Mods
    Nowhere near enough!
    Can't agree more!! IMHO, If I'm paying for a service or an item, I expect it to be what I want.
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee 858 - Diablo tuned, Speedlogix catch can, K&N cai, Magnaflowed, 180 thermostat, LED light conversion, many more!
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado SS Classic - sold
    2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged - sold
    2001 Ford SVT Lightning - sold
    1999 Ford Mustang - supercharged 4.6L with 30K in mods - sold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links