Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Maximum Care or other warranty?

Grasshopper
    Member #

Maximum Care or other warranty?

Aloha!

Long time reader, new member.
    I am active duty stationed in HI, and just bought a new 2015 DD Citadel in my hometown of KC.
    Going to pick it up on the way to my next duty station.
    For those wondering sticker was 46, 880 - I paid 39069 out the door, grabbed the last 2015 Citadel.

I am now researching warranties. I have been reading about the MOPAR Maximum Care - I have even emailed Clay!
    Are there any other warranties worth considering, or is the Max Care the way to go?
    Still debating between the 8 yr and lifetime Max Care warranties.

As always, I appreciate the input in advice.

Mahalo!

Bigjer

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    It's been 3 years since I looked, so I don't really remember.. but at the time the maxcare seemed like the way to go.

I know on the lifetime you don't get anything back if you sell the vehicle, the 8-yr might have a prorated refund.. (I had a 5-year Mopar contract on my '03, and got some money back when I traded it after 4 years)
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Durango Limited
    Congratulations on your new purchase.
    The max care was the only one I considered because it is the only warranty backed by the manufacturer. $100.00 co pay plus 5,000 parts coverage. I serached the web but nothing was as good. I informed telemarketers about it, while they were trying to sell me a warranty and they didn't believe such a warranty existed.

-Cameron Fields
    Citadel Brian likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1804 times
    Vehicle
    2013 R/T D HEMI
    Mods
    DIABLO TUNING, 22 SRT WHEELS, AFE CAI, BILLET TECH GOODIES, CORSA
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post
    It's been 3 years since I looked, so I don't really remember.. but at the time the maxcare seemed like the way to go.

I know on the lifetime you don't get anything back if you sell the vehicle, the 8-yr might have a prorated refund.. (I had a 5-year Mopar contract on my '03, and got some money back when I traded it after 4 years)
    Actually not true...We traded the charger in and it had lifetime on it. we got back the total amount minus $250.00, We also got back all of the rim and tire warranty Both checks came from FCA
    STEVE

BRIGHT WHITE R/T, HEMIFEVER TUNING, CORSA EXHAUST, FMTB, AFE CAI
    BT GOODIES, 22" SRT8 REPS, RK SPORTS HOOD,KATZKIN INTERIOR

"Dodgedurango.net welcomes all members with open arms, regardless of social status, creed, color, vehicle color, vehicle model or how it is modded. The only thing we discriminate against is DISRESPECT... We're not friends we are FAMILY"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6411..._comment_reply

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Question for you guys, has anyone purchased the max care warranty right before there 3yr/36k warranty was up? How much more does it cost at that time opposed to getting it say in the first 6 months of ownership. Thanks Guys/Gals

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by vrodguy View Post
    Question for you guys, has anyone purchased the max care warranty right before there 3yr/36k warranty was up? How much more does it cost at that time opposed to getting it say in the first 6 months of ownership. Thanks Guys/Gals
    We just purchased the lifetime warranty from Clay with a little over 26,500 miles for $2,280. Nothing else was cheaper.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Vehicle
    2015 R/T, white with red nappa leather, tech pkg, rear ent pkg, tow, sunroof, and second row buckets
    Mods
    Corsa. Srt ignition button. Tazer. Tinted windows with ceramic tint windshield.
    No one could touch clays prices when I shopped around. Two dealers wanted over a thousand more before I got in touch with him. Give him the business, he's a genuinely nice guy and answers all questions, no pressure what so ever.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitedoubleD View Post
    No one could touch clays prices when I shopped around. Two dealers wanted over a thousand more before I got in touch with him. Give him the business, he's a genuinely nice guy and answers all questions, no pressure what so ever.
    Haven't purchased yet but everything is true what you are saying!!

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    So far since I bought mine in February, the lifetime warranty has paid $1,000 in rental car since the dealership is beyond slow in addressing some issues that came up when buying the vehicle new .Nothing major, just they take days and multiple trips to "order necessary parts" Not happy about it taking so long, but only paid about 2K for the extended warranty and it covers the rental, which is good since the dealership does not have loaners. Yes, I will be changing dealerships after everything is settled. Final Parts (warped windshield cowling like many have had here...surprised they don't have parts in stock) will be in next week, so they will more than likely do another 3 day rental for a few hour job. Anyone totally happy with the service at a Seattle area shop????? I need referrals!

2014 SXT Rallye

a2t
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango R/T
    Mods
    Legmaker CAI, gorilla locks, viper start button, husky weatherbeater mats
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeauty14 View Post
    We just purchased the lifetime warranty from Clay with a little over 26,500 miles for $2,280. Nothing else was cheaper.
    i was quoted $2030 by clay for same warranty, when truck was essentially new. So maybe a few hundred dollar surcharge for waiting to buy.
    Last edited by a2t; 06-14-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    2015 Granite, Nappa Red Leather, AWD, Tow, S/R, 2nd Row Bench

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links