Thread: Maximum Care or other warranty?

Durango Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel Hemi, 2001 SLT+4.7L
    Mods
    4.7L HO cams, Fastman TB, Superchips, R/T rims, Street Scene front bumper cover
    Thanks Don and thank you for sharing your experiences.
    For a lot of people the piece of mind makes sense and for those who don't want or have the time to wrench on their own vehicles.
    I do have a bit of concern with all the tech in the D....I'm not worried about the drivetrain lasting as I think that is its strong point.

But I believe only the lifetime coverage makes any sense..but you have to be one of those people like me who keep cars 10+yrs.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase300 View Post
    Thanks Don and thank you for sharing your experiences.
    For a lot of people the piece of mind makes sense and for those who don't want or have the time to wrench on their own vehicles.
    I do have a bit of concern with all the tech in the D....I'm not worried about the drivetrain lasting as I think that is its strong point.

But I believe only the lifetime coverage makes any sense..but you have to be one of those people like me who keep cars 10+yrs.
    I have family that used the Lifetime quite a bit with a JGC '11 year model I believe. Lots of stuff went wrong with that truck. The real trouble came after 100k miles when the computer module (seemingly) started failing again and causing intermittent shutoffs while in traffic. Since the vehicle was over 100k miles at that point, the dealership didn't want anything to do with it even though they'd fixed the issue before. That's when I learned the 'Lifetime' bumper to bumper has severely limited coverage on high mileage vehicles.

Does MaxCare cover any preventative maintenance like oil changes? That's not crazy to think that a warranty would pay for oil changes is it?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My friend had his Hemi replaced in his '13 RAM with the Maxcare at 101k miles.

He was happy.
    Jeeper For Decades
    Future: '17 Durango RT AWD, Overland Build

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Ok I asked before posting a link.
    The reason I was asking specific questions to you guys about the factory warranties is because I switched to a new kind of company over mods. When I just purchased my new D, I opted out of the extended warranty from the dealer. I later found out about an internal philosophy this new company has that is basic: "if we help you take care of your car, we'll pay for less claims". This means they pay for all your oil changes as a normal part of the coverage. The plans also go into AAA style benefits like trip interruption, battery and locksmith, roadside...all that jazz. I have 2 small children so I wanted as much downside protection as possible.
    It's www.copilotcard.com and there's no 48k mile cut-off.
    Last edited by 17blcktp; 01-04-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    17blcktp wrote:
    "That's when I learned the 'Lifetime' bumper to bumper has severely limited coverage on high mileage vehicles."

In reviewing my Lifetime Maximum Care contract this evening, I found the following:
    "Trip interruption, first day rental car, rental car allowance, towing, key fob repairs/replacements, and roadside assistance expire at 7 years or 100,000 odometer miles whichever comes first."

I have corrected my earlier post regarding the above coverages expiring at 7yrs/100K so the post will not mislead anyone. Other than this, I find no mention of any other changes or limitations that become effective once the covered vehicle reaches 100,000 or more miles.

Don
    Last edited by Don Fox; 01-02-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    2004 Durango SLT Hemi AWD "The Flame Red Rocket." A transplant from Cleveland, Ohio on 3/26/10.
    2014 Billet Silver Dodge Charger R/T Hemi AWD (10/26/16)
    2011 Mineral Gray Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD V6 (hers) (8/21/14)

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango R/T (Redline)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase300 View Post
    I have no trust in my local dealer repair depts. So that right there prevents me from buying any extended warranty.
    Plus, just looking at my '06 300C and repairs outside warranty...1 radiator, thermostat and 2 radiator hoses, 2 tension struts, 1 HID bulb..total just under $600 in 10 1/2 years of ownership and 187,000 miles.
    Unless you loose an engine or trans, it won't make the upfront cost back.
    Hi Chase,

My Mopar MaxCare Unlimited will pay for any covered repair (after $100 deductible) so long as the single repair does not exceed the Value of the Vehicle. Per the contract, vehicle value is determined by NADA Mid-Retail value. And, when the cost of a single repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, they will cut a check for the value of the vehicle and terminate the contract.
    Don Fox likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blcktp View Post
    That's when I learned the 'Lifetime' bumper to bumper has severely limited coverage on high mileage vehicles.
    More detail? This was a mopar lifetime plan?
    Maxcare lifetime is only supposed to stop when the repair cost exceeds the book value of the vehicle, or something like that.
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post
    More detail? This was a mopar lifetime plan?
    Maxcare lifetime is only supposed to stop when the repair cost exceeds the book value of the vehicle, or something like that.
    I'm looking all the information up to make sure I'm not misleading anyone.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    the cost of the warranty is more expensive for the more options you have...the hemi is more expensive too.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    no it doesn't cover oil changes and it isn't "severely limited" on higher mileage vehicles at all. It covers up to retail book value and if the repair is more than that they stroke you a check for the retail value of the vehicle at that time. To me, that is a crazy good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 17blcktp View Post
    I have family that used the Lifetime quite a bit with a JGC '11 year model I believe. Lots of stuff went wrong with that truck. The real trouble came after 100k miles when the computer module (seemingly) started failing again and causing intermittent shutoffs while in traffic. Since the vehicle was over 100k miles at that point, the dealership didn't want anything to do with it even though they'd fixed the issue before. That's when I learned the 'Lifetime' bumper to bumper has severely limited coverage on high mileage vehicles.

Does MaxCare cover any preventative maintenance like oil changes? That's not crazy to think that a warranty would pay for oil changes is it?
    gonzo628 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links