Dodge Durango Forum banner

Recommended Dodge Dealers

42K views 64 replies 50 participants last post by  KeithNJRT 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had a great experience with Brown Motors in Greenfield Massachusetts and think that those in my area will as well. I've had three new Ram trucks and now my 14 Durango and have been well taken care of from sales to service. If you've had a similar experience with your dealer, please post it here and I'll upset by state. Please start a thread or join other threads to ask questions about price, svc, etc. Thanks.

Massachusetts
Brown Motors | New & Used Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Greenfield Massachusetts | New & Used Car Dealer Near Northampton, Amherst, Brattleboro VT & Keene NH

Illinois
http://www.dempseydodgechryslerjeepplano.com/index.htm

http://www.napervillecjdr.com/index.htm

Pennsylvania
http://www.laurelvalleymotors.net/index.htm

New Jersey
http://www.precisionchrysler.com/index.htm

Florida
http://www.beckchryslerdodgejeep.com/

http://www.fieldschryslerdodgejeepram.com/index.htm

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Rango...It is a sticky I am gonna move it to Durango discussions
STEVE

#3 ·
Dempsey Dodge Chrysler Jeep II | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Plano, IL 60545

This dealer was awesome after I had and am continuing to have a terrible experience with a local dealer.

I called these guys and spoke with Jim Schumacher, explained what i wanted and in less than half an hours he had called me back with an awesome deal.

I drove the 4+ hours to the dealer ordered my D and when it arrived the dealer picked me up at the train station.

If you deal with Dempsey please call Jim and tell them Chase Herbst and Paul P. referd you to him.

Jim Schumacher
Cell: (708)516-7242
E-mail: jims@dempseyplano.com

#7 ·
I'll add another vote for Brown Motors in Greenfield, I've had very good experiences with the sales side of the house (ask for Carl)..

Still 50-50 on the service side, but they are getting better.. actually, they are probably better than most, I think my standards are just higher than the auto industry currently supports.. I'd probably even let them do oil changes etc if they weren't so far (45 minutes) away..

#9 ·
#11 ·
Good to know. I'm only an hour away from there as well. Have you had service done there, or just purchased there? My Gainesville Dodge dealer's service department seems pretty terrible.

#10 ·
#13 ·
In Ohio, specifically Cleveland, I have had great luck in Ed Tomko CDJR. They specialize in SRT vehicles so they don't usually have a huge stock of other vehicles but they will get you any vehicle you see at another dealership. I have also had great luck with Adventure CDJR but I moved to the other side of town so haven't used them in a while.

#14 ·
Fields Dodge, Ram ,Chrysler, jeep in Sanford Fl.

I had a 2009 Ram I bought preowned with like 42,000 miles on it. Ram 1500 crew big horn with the 5.7 hemi from another Fields dealership in St augustine fl. Well, fast forward to 67,500 miles or so, My family and I were makeing the trans continental journey from St Augustine to Venice Fl (about 4 hours). Stopped for lunch and the Hemi died. Limped it into a shop, after about 5 hours they inform me that they couldnt get the parts until 4 days from then, it was the timing chain ( so they say). Now, it is about 6pm on a friday night in the Orlando area, no go for rentals or hotel rooms. Then I notice an ad for the Fields dodge dealership. I call, and drive over, they take a look at the truck, cam was mostly destroyed. They let me know what it will cost, and let me know it should be fine to make the 140 mile trip back home. I however, was not going to take the chance, had my 2 year old daughter and 8 month pregnant wife with me, so at about 7 or 8 pm we decide, hey lets just buy a new one. By 9:30 I am driving off the lot in a brand new D. These guys went above and beyond for us. Making sure the toddler had something for dinner, making sure the wife was comfortable. Gave us a nice deal on a 2014 SXT plus 3.6l with the blacktop package ( was a little hesitant on another hemi lol). Even called saturday morning to ensure we made it home ok. Add in that Fields are all over the place, they give free car washes they all have a coffee bar and a chef. So you can go in, have your car detailed and have breakfast or lunch while you wait...all for free

#15 · (Edited)
Brandon Dodge on Broadway - Littleton (greater Denver area) Colorado

There are at least 4 other dealers closer to me than Brandon Dodge, but these guys have consistently demonstrated outstanding behavior throughout what became a big adventure in car buying...

It started with a trip to another/closer dealership through the Costco auto buying program. This was an all-around poor experience, and I'm saying this as a very loyal Costco member. But the auto buying program seems to be very blurry (opposite of crisp), at least in my opinion. There is very little up-front info provided by the Costco program, no expectations get set about pricing, at first it's simply an introduction to authorized Costco salespeople at the dealership they have a relationship with. The main advantage seems to be that the dealer prints out a not-very-formal looking piece of paper with Costco logo listing "Costco pricing" on the vehicle you select. The Costco pricing is decent, but with the great info and insight from other members on this site I was able to easily negotiate a better price at a different dealership all on my own. So I'd say the Costco program is great for folks who would rather avoid any aspects of research or negotiation on price, but it's not going to result in the best deal possible. Also, the treatment my wife and I received at this first dealership was abysmal - they left us sitting multiple times for 40 minutes or more while they went to work up numbers. 40 minutes? Reallly? With computers??? Finally, they demonstrated little interest in actually showing us cars. Granted it was a cold and rainy day, downright miserable, but that's a salesman's challenge to shine, right? Not here. They didn't even offer to pull any vehicles up front or into the bays, instead one of the salesman reluctantly walked with us to the far side of the lot... without keys!!!!! Either they are terrible salespeople or they have a thing against Costco program buyers. Needless to say we never went back.

Next step in the process was to see/touch/feel/drive/compare a couple of models in the short-list I'd created after doing my homework (much of it on this site - THANKS EVERYONE!). The only dealership in Denver area who had most of these "finalist" candidates together on one lot was Brandon Dodge, so that's the original reason we visited them. I made an internet pricing inquiry through one of the usual sites (Edmunds, or another, can't remember which) and arranged an appointment with the salesperson who contacted me.

From the moment my wife and I arrived it was a completely different experience. Justin (title "Internet Manager" but his job is obviously sales) spent 3-4 hours with us showing all the candidate vehicles (which were driven to the front of the dealership for our viewing pleasure even though the weather was nice), and taking two extended test drives - one in a R/T and another in a V8 Citadel - the two "finalists." The entire time we felt completely looked after and Justin was focused on giving us the shopping experience we wanted. Even my dad who was along for the fun (though he's quite an amazing car shopper himself - only consumer I know who's gotten through and had an in-depth Q&A session with Honda design engineers, really!), was impressed with the treatment we received.

Then it was time to talk price. I'd done my homework and knew what I wanted to and should pay. I had a quick frank discussion with Justin and there was no muss, no fuss - we had an agreement even though it was for a new-car order rather than existing inventory on the lot (so less incentive for the dealership on pricing).

I'd call the whole thing a very refreshing and open experience.

That's not the end of the story though...

My new D arrived in Denver over this past weekend and Justin had called to let me know it would be ready for pick up on Monday. All was good until late Sunday evening while doing a bit of online news surfing I ran into the just-released news about Dodge's urgent recall of Jeeps and Durangos built during early-to-mid June. Yikes! Not much sleep came after that, but Justin checked with the factory early Monday and luckily my D had not received one of the bad rear suspension parts. Hooray!

Still not the end of the story...

About an hour before I'm ready to head out to pick up my new D, I receive a call from the general sales manager, which started something like this: "... This is very difficult and I'm very sorry to have to inform you that during unloading at the railroad yard another vehicle was backed into yours with substantial damage..." Talk about an emotional roller coaster...

This is the part where the dealership really came through.

Although the railroad yard accident was not the dealership's fault, they felt extremely motivated to "make things right". Although they didn't have a D in the same color (Maximum Steel) with similar level of options as our original order (we had elected to save $ by omitting captains chairs and technology package), they did have one fully loaded which they offered at the same original-deal price (which was already pretty good). So my wife and I headed out to look at colors again at one of the closer dealerships and decided (maybe with some subconscious help from the available deal???) the other color (Granite Crystal) was as good or possibly even better. After another bit of negotiation we ended up purchasing a vehicle with substantially more options (thousands of dollars) at a respectable discount off the original ordered-vehicle price, and also received an outstanding price on lifetime maximum care warranty.

Throughout all of this there was completely open and clear communication with a willingness to share info. No muss, no fuss, just calm discussion of the facts - exactly what an engineer like me loves.

So today, against all odds, I am the very happy and proud owner of a beautiful new Durango with even more options and fun stuff than I had ever imagined. Justin and his colleagues at Brandon Dodge did a fantastic job of making things right and I couldn't imagine a better or more pleasant buying experience. Truly an outstanding dealership!

#16 ·
#21 ·
Great experience at Rockland CJD in Nanuet, NY with Sam Burgos.

Sent two friends his way and they ended up with a Wrangler and a GC from him.

#24 ·
#32 ·
Huntington Jeep Chrysler Dodge or Brown's Jeep Chrysler Dodge in Patchogue are both long time family owned dealerships. I have dealt with both and they are very fair and reputable.

#33 ·
I just ordered through Dennis Dillon in Idaho. They have insane pricing compared to any dealer in CA so I took a quick trip to pick it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.