[OFFICIAL] I've ordered my Durango Thread! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL] I've ordered my Durango Thread!

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I hate to say this, but I probably know more about this vehicle than most Dealers I've spoken with. The "Painted/Polished" wheels on the R/T are NOT the "standard", as you suspect. The standard wheel with the R/T is, indeed, the 20-inch Hyper Black Aluminum. Also standard on the Rallye.

The "Painted/Polished" OPTION on the R/T is the 20-inch Polished Aluminum with Gloss Black Pockets. These are not offered on the Rallye.

I must be old-school because I like that little bit of bling with those optional wheels on the R/T, but not a fan of the R/T, itself (except for the Performance Suspension Tuning). I do not like everything in "stealth mode" -- body-color grills, dark wheels, body-color mirrors, etc. Having said that, I was surprised that I found the Red Taillight Bar fit so well, in my opinion, with the Redline Red 2 Coat Pearl color option on the Citadel that I'm considering. I was not a fan of the red color until I noticed that. Because it seemed "stealthy", and less like a forced idea. Strange, yes?

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD
    Mods
    Baby seat ;-), 4" Exhaust tips, K&N CAI
    Agree 100%. I had the same experience with the wheels. I am the opposite to you - I wanted the standard Hyper bk. I ended up with a Granite Crystal R/T AWD. I did look at a red one on a local dealers lot but my wife insisted on the darker color. I also liked the Max Steel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    2014 Durango R/T AWD Granite Crystal Metallic
    |Tech|Tow|Nappa|Captains|Sunroof|8.4AN|

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    I'm a chrome guy historically. I like the R/T and the Citadel. Pick your poison and hybrid it from there with mods.

IndyD

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD on orde
    Ordered a Citadel Black Ext Black\Tan Int AWD V6 2014 with fleet manager, James Mulder of Normandin CDJ in San Jose, CA on 10-18-2013. Options include: 2nd row captain chairs with storage console, Trailer Tow Group, Technology Group, Rear Bluray Entertainment Center, Mopar Black Appearance Group. Will be shopping for JGC SRT8 wheels. The Dodge VOTs site states the car status is in "scheduled production" as of this posting. I was told approximately 5 weeks.

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD
    Mods
    Baby seat ;-), 4" Exhaust tips, K&N CAI
    Quote Originally Posted by aznguy View Post
    Ordered a Citadel Black Ext Black\Tan Int AWD V6 2014 with fleet manager, James Mulder of Normandin CDJ in San Jose, CA on 10-18-2013. Options include: 2nd row captain chairs with storage console, Trailer Tow Group, Technology Group, Rear Bluray Entertainment Center, Mopar Black Appearance Group. Will be shopping for JGC SRT8 wheels. The Dodge VOTs site states the car status is in "scheduled production" as of this posting. I was told approximately 5 weeks.
    Awesome. Congrats!!

- Danny
    2014 Durango R/T AWD Granite Crystal Metallic
    |Tech|Tow|Nappa|Captains|Sunroof|8.4AN|

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD on orde
    Quote Originally Posted by TXHEMI View Post
    Awesome. Congrats!!

- Danny
    Thanks! I'm very excited! I've owned Japanese cars all my life. This Durango will be my first American badged ride. Like yourself, my first mod will be a baby seat Today, I got my 3rd order tracking email from Dodge:

Dear Customer,

Your new Dodge is beginning to build! You can anticipate your vehicle to progress through the next few stages of production over the next 10 days. Our next email to you will communicate that your vehicle has left the plant and is in route to your dealership.

We will contact you next when your vehicle build is complete. Please be patient as we work to provide you with a new Dodge built to your specifications. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Thank you,
    The Dodge Brand Team

Wooohooo! Finally!!!
    dbtx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T
    Mods
    Baby Seats, Husky Liners, Husky Mud Guards
    I'm right there with you....been an import owner for some time now and looking forward to giving Dodge a shot!!! Your update is exciting for me because I've been waiting for the same email....and since I ordered on 10/20 I can bet that it should be coming any minute now! Thanks for sharing!!!
    aznguy likes this.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD on orde
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I'm right there with you....been an import owner for some time now and looking forward to giving Dodge a shot!!! Your update is exciting for me because I've been waiting for the same email....and since I ordered on 10/20 I can bet that it should be coming any minute now! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Dodge must be looking at this forum because I just logged into the VOTS site, and now it has shipped!!! WOW!!! Thank you forum! OK Dodge, don't forget to delivery our fellow member, Trifecta's ride too!

I tend to keep my cars for over 10 years so I'm going to buy the Mopar Lifetime warranty. Don't want to chance it with this new 8 speed tranny that haven't got much history on the books. Not only that I don't want to be ridiculed by my Import auto loving friends and families if this Durango takes a crap.

[OFFICIAL] I've ordered my Durango Thread!-vots_shipped.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    966 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    The lifetime warranty is a decent deal, I think; I bought one for my '14 GC.

There are many reputable Chrysler Service Contract vendors online (e.g the grandfather of guy that runs chryslerwarrantys.com sold cars to my grandfather) .. but I think you'll find your dealer to be pretty elastic on the price, once you enlighten him/her.

...tom
    Be amazed at the friends
    You have here on your trip
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Citadel AWD on orde
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post
    The lifetime warranty is a decent deal, I think; I bought one for my '14 GC.

There are many reputable Chrysler Service Contract vendors online (e.g the grandfather of guy that runs chryslerwarrantys.com sold cars to my grandfather) .. but I think you'll find your dealer to be pretty elastic on the price, once you enlighten him/her.

...tom
    Thanks for the input. Normandin of San Jose, CA will be giving me the equivalent of employee price on the Lifetime warranty. Will post a new thread to call upon members on their experiences with Chrysler's Lifetime warranty if it hasn't been posted.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links