See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not going anywhere!! :)

Attachments

#4 ·
We did do this though?kinda fun :)

Attachments

#8 ·
11 inches yesterday and another 5 inches today. I got rid of my winter rims so my D is safely tucked away in the garage. I took the Jeep out tonight and boy was it slippery out. Did a lot of plowing the driveway in the past few days with the Quad? :wall:

it has finally stopped. gonna be warm the next few days so some of it'll melt. it's 15 degrees out right now so we're not gonna lose any of it tonight.

#9 ·
Warm I heard Brutal temps in North east
Steve
DOC Pres

#10 ·
My oldest son got 2 1/2 feet of snow in Apple Valley, CA. In the desert.

#12 ·
I started my weekend of fun with a dead battery on Saturday morning. Turned out to be a bad cell, but, was luckily covered under a warranty and got it replaced for free. Managed to pass an e-test on Saturday afternoon! The afternoon the temps dropped so low that my coolent turned to slush and actually plugged the overflow tube! I got lucky and cought it in time and added some antifreeze and plugged it in. You have to love Canadian winters! :roll:

#13 ·
Yes, all is fun 'til it becomes horizontal and sheet of whiteness in front of you. Spent the last few weekends before this one out blackpowder hunting. And this year hasn't been like the last half dozen seasons, as we had some snow and below zero temps in the early morning hours. Makes for nice stand hunting, 'til your feet freeze.

A pic of the Unknown One parked at one of my favorite puplic hunting grounds, was a nice cool morning with a temp about -4 degrees and lite southeasterly breeze. Did manage to see a nice doe and her fawn; passed on the shot at the doe this year, as the deer numbers appear to be down some in my area. Anyways, later that morning, tripped into Worthington for a bite to eat and pick up a Chrismas Reef. What do ya know, while waiting in line at a busy fast food joint, the temp gage begins to spike towards the hot side. And yeppers, the reservoir was bone dry. Stopped at gas station just hundred feet across the street, got a gallon of coolant to add. Then managed my way down to the dealership in town. The service staff had just left being it was around 12:30pm. Thanks to Tim S for the assistance getting an old anti-freeze jug to use to add a little more water. And yes, made the Unknown One an appointment for following Saturday morning to find the leaking problem. Did keep an eye on the reservoir's level during the week. Specially when first half of the week the temps where in the low teens below zero.

Saturday 20th- Up at 5:30am to head to the dealership even though a blizzard warning was in effect later that morning. It had just started snowing too when we took off from home. D handled the little finger drifts here and there just fine; was actually sort of fun. But, the trip on the Interstate-90 was a different matter. Finger drifts now, were deeper and starting to become hard with the increased winds and the temp had dropped to single digits below zero. After seeig a car off the right-hand side of the highway, went a few miles down the road to a passable <no-U-turn> driveway to get turned around to see if they needed help, as the truck's temp gage read -7. (Can be life threatening if the vehicle stalls out.) The couple did have a wrecker on the way. Seen it as I pulled away.

That last pic of the white-out conditions, the left passing lane was drifted about 2' to 3' deep, you wouldn't want to hit at 50+mph?

:mrgreen:
-Steve

Attachments

#15 ·
IndyDurango said:
Just cold here. No snow yet. This late afternoon at 6PM, it was 2 degrees, 45MPH winds and -20 Below Zero wind chill. COLD.

We hear that snow is on the way. :wall:

IndyDurango
I could have taken that picture Indy. Same reading as mine this morning. By the time I got to work it was 3 times warmer at 6 balmy degrees. How often can you say the temperature tripled in 45 minutes? Ha. I'd take some of that snow but I have to trade for about 20 more degrees warmer too.

#16 ·
got about 2 1/2 feet right now?sitting at about -41 celsuis -40 farenheit

happily the D is the only one starting without needing a boost?been going around boosting all the buddies last couple days

unfortunatly we can't stay at home and warm?EVEN MORE unfortunate is I work outside lol

#20 ·
Yes stuck? What the heck is up with that? lol Especially in a Durango

#21 ·
I'm send some more cold to you midwesterner's/easterners!

#22 ·
I was driving through snow that was AT LEAST 2 foot deep, where it hadn't drifted. Where I got stuck the snow was actually about mid way up my grille. I stopped (Bonehead move) and went to start going agian, I felt the truck sink and it was over. Nothing I could do except get out and dig myself out. :lol:

When I finally managed to get my momentum going again the truck was wheel hopping like crazy. I didn't stop because I feared I'd get stuck agian. :lol: if I had lockers I wouldn't have gotten stuck there, but my truck is stock aside from the tires.

You know it's bad when you go to get out of the truck after you get stuck and the door won't open.

#23 ·
Coolguy said:
Now I know where our Russian snow! Return us our snow!! :lol:

till now In Moscow there's no snow :cry:
Yes it's coming from our North, feel free to come and get as much as you want from my driveway! :doh:

#24 ·
Raven said:
Coolguy said:
Now I know where our Russian snow! Return us our snow!! :lol:

till now In Moscow there's no snow :cry:
Yes it's coming from our North, feel free to come and get as much as you want from my driveway! :doh:
Only if they (Russians) agree to give us back our global warming.

#25 ·
today and tomorrow here its supposed to be up in the 40F range, so a lot of this will melt and flood because of the knuckleheads that didn't clear the storm drains in front of their house?

#26 ·
snowing again here. we just keep adding it up, and the lack of salt use of our great state is making an ice rink out there!! We're supposed to get 4- 7 more inches on top of the 16 we have already.

Rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.