Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: All AFE GT momentum owners

Member #
    Liked
    502 times

All AFE GT momentum owners

If you have been have a issue with your intake tube popping off by the air box, inspect your tube and make sure it has a lip or rib on it . If it does not have one contact afe to replace your intake tube and your air filter if the rubber got ripped.
    2015 rt silver metallic blk top AKA BEAST MODE
    Afe momentum intake ,vled tritons, Ddm tuning can bus hid 3k fogs ,upr catch can, weather tech floor mats,Corsa cat back!! I post using my cell phone so please forgive misspellings and grammar errors .

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    All AFE GT momentum owners-image.jpg
    Afe momentum intake ,vled tritons, Ddm tuning can bus hid 3k fogs ,upr catch can, weather tech floor mats,Corsa cat back!! I post using my cell phone so please forgive misspellings and grammar errors .

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Ok guys they have a updated rubber coupler to let the intake move a little with out pulling out, will be install soon

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    All AFE GT momentum owners-img_2113.jpg

What afe sent me

Member #
    Liked
    1723 times
    Vehicle
    2013 R/T D HEMI
    Mods
    DIABLO TUNING, 22 SRT WHEELS, AFE CAI, BILLET TECH GOODIES, CORSA
    really wth is that gonna do?

BRIGHT WHITE R/T, HEMIFEVER TUNING, CORSA EXHAUST, FMTB, AFE CAI
    BT GOODIES, 22" SRT8 REPS, RK SPORTS HOOD,KATZKIN INTERIOR

"Dodgedurango.net welcomes all members with open arms, regardless of social status, creed, color, vehicle color, vehicle model or how it is modded. The only thing we discriminate against is DISRESPECT... We're not friends we are FAMILY"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6411..._comment_reply

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3 View Post
    really wth is that gonna do?
    To let the intake move a little vs the silicone coupler which is more rigid they say

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Vehicle
    '15 R/T, White/Red, Blacktop, Sunroof, Towing, Navigation,
    This was happening all the time with the intake tube popping off my airbox. I just reinstalled the stock air intake today & the R/T feels much more responsive (I mentioned this on another thread). I also ordered a green filter to replace the stock filter as well. I'm calling AFE to see if I can get a full refund due to a defective design--if not, I'm going to try to file a chargeback with my credit card company. It's complete bullshit that a $400 intake has this issue and the only mention of this is in the forum--I bought my intake directly from AFE. They should have sent emails to notify customers--I'll never buy AFE anything again.
    Robfrmny21 likes this.
    2015 Durango R/T

Corsa Exhaust I Brembos (Front & Rear) I 20x9 Gloss Black Spider Monkey Wheels I SRT Steering Wheel I Phillips Diamond Vision H11 5K Fogs I WeatherTechs I Gorilla Lugs I Mopar Stainless Pedals & Sill Guards l SRT Ignition Button l Diode Dynamics Full Interior LED conversion

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    This was happening all the time with the intake tube popping off my airbox. I just reinstalled the stock air intake today & the R/T feels much more responsive (I mentioned this on another thread). I also ordered a green filter to replace the stock filter as well. I'm calling AFE to see if I can get a full refund due to a defective design--if not, I'm going to try to file a chargeback with my credit card company. It's complete bullshit that a $400 intake has this issue and the only mention of this is in the forum--I bought my intake directly from AFE. They should have sent emails to notify customers--I'll never buy AFE anything again.
    Does the truck still pull
    Hard up top like with the afe ? If this does solve my issue I will be going with a tubing going to the oem air box I can fab up myself

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Vehicle
    '15 R/T, White/Red, Blacktop, Sunroof, Towing, Navigation,
    Quote Originally Posted by Robfrmny21 View Post
    Does the truck still pull
    Hard up top like with the afe ? If this does solve my issue I will be going with a tubing going to the oem air box I can fab up myself
    Rob, I haven't had the Durango out on the highway yet to test. My green filter came yesterday and I put that in. It's crazy how this thing drives at lower speeds--no more of that lag when your driving city limit speeds and you decide to pass someone. The power is all there, no delay. I will never recommend AFE anything. It's downright deceptive that they knew this was an issue and yet they still sold the intakes to people.
    Robfrmny21 likes this.
    2015 Durango R/T

Corsa Exhaust I Brembos (Front & Rear) I 20x9 Gloss Black Spider Monkey Wheels I SRT Steering Wheel I Phillips Diamond Vision H11 5K Fogs I WeatherTechs I Gorilla Lugs I Mopar Stainless Pedals & Sill Guards l SRT Ignition Button l Diode Dynamics Full Interior LED conversion

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    Rob, I haven't had the Durango out on the highway yet to test. My green filter came yesterday and I put that in. It's crazy how this thing drives at lower speeds--no more of that lag when your driving city limit speeds and you decide to pass someone. The power is all there, no delay. I will never recommend AFE anything. It's downright deceptive that they knew this was an issue and yet they still sold the intakes to people.
    Ok so I've had this part on my truck for a week and the filter has stayed where it needs to be. I was getting on off throttle a lot one night to make the filter come out like it has in the past but all is well for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links