Dodge Durango Forum banner

2017 Carlisle Food and Drink thread

9K views 63 replies 12 participants last post by  tomk 
#1 · (Edited)
It's that time of year folks!

Let's start talking about what we want to do for food/drink.

Last Year as well as the Year before We had way more food than we could eat. With that said we will be having food and drinks (especially water) at the tent both Friday and Saturday so we need to bring good amounts of these.

We will also be hosting a BBQ/Party at the hotel on Saturday night. This will be attended by members of the Durango club as well as some other Mopar club members that hang around us. I want to strategize the food a bit so we know what we will be making and where if we can. The pizza we had last year was the Bomb and I am sure will be this year as well. I am sure when Lauren chimes in she will have some input.
Please Copy and paste your name in with what you will bring. Lets try and keep this post specific to food and drink items.

Now I need to get my garage bottling plant up and running so we can bottle up exclusive Durango Club Water. Rumor has it that there may be Durangoclub Brew again this year...

1. STEVE Fstdango3...Hamburgers, Cheese and Rolls I will also chip in so we have large amounts of Pizza Dough and various toppings Oh and some Moonshine flavors

See less See more
#2 ·
these again?

#3 ·
I've got the homebrew covered and either smoked ribs or pork butt.

#4 ·
Copy and paste

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can bring my coleman propane grill if needed, but space may be tight so we'll see if it is needed..
"We" had kicked around the idea of having food brought in (rather than trying to coordinate going to a restaurant) for Friday supper, I think that's a good idea we should look into..

1. STEVE Fstdango3...Hamburgers, Cheese and Rolls I will also chip in so we have large amounts of Pizza Dough and various toppings Oh and some Moonshine flavors
2. boomer775: either smoked ribs or pork butt.
3. tomk: pizza oven, cases of water, kielbasa, fans, plates, plastic cutlery
4. Mike Broggi MJB8...NY SYSTEM HOT DOGS

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
5. Lauren: pizza dough & fixins (let's decide on a couple varieties this year so we can turn 'em around a little faster. I am going to roll out the crusts ahead of time this year) and I'll throw in a case of gatorade for the heat strokers among us

***NOTE FROM STEVE MEAT TOPPINGS ON PIZZA MAYBE MOZZARELLA SLICES MARGERITA PIZZA???****

#7 ·
5. Lauren: pizza dough & fixins (let's decide on a couple varieties this year so we can turn 'em around a little faster. I am going to roll out the crusts ahead of time this year) and I'll throw in a case of gatorade for the heat strokers among us
I'm a meat-lover, so I vote for all animal-based toppings with the exception of sardines

#8 ·
I'm going to buy a small grill, the one i borrowed last year is not an option. FANS again. the ac guy still hasn't donated a split unit.

#10 ·
What will keep the air in the tent? LOL

#12 ·
I think the HVAC guy is afraid the unit would go home with someone else ;)

#13 ·
It could be 50 out and still a lot of "hot Air" in the tent when the HVAC man speaks.

#14 ·
Lets keep this thread on track
STEVE

#15 · (Edited)
Bump for the goodies thread...

***NOTE FROM STEVE MEAT TOPPINGS ON PIZZA MAYBE MOZZARELLA SLICES MARGERITA PIZZA???****

#16 ·
Guess noone wants to eat at carlisle
bumping this up
steve

#17 ·
So I dont really have any sort of specialty I make, I get by lol. Any suggestions on thing to bring that I can add to the list? Im a pretty simple guy, burgers and dogs work for me. Still need to see if my wife and daughter are going to join my son and I.

#18 ·
Okay so I am hearing for pizza varieties:

1. Margherita (fresh mozz, basil, garlic?)
2. Meats (sausage, pepperoni? spicy italian sausage?)
3. veggie/loaded? some green peppers maybe?

let me know what you guys want, so I can start looking for sales...

#19 ·
Looks Like that is a Great list Lauren
Ray just keep your eyes on this and when the time comes add something on if ya want I am sure we will all agree that Burgers are a necessity
STEVE

#20 ·
Bumping this thread No specialty items needed to make just bring everything you think folks would want to try...Keep in mind we will be having a Great Mopar get together at Hotel Saturday Night. We will also be needing to get Ice throughout weekend as well as last minute supplies
STEVE

#21 ·
In regards to ice, I can bring a spare cooler that can take ~50lbs of ice to make this easier. I have a couple of the good keeps-ice-for-a-week coolers that we can bring and I can get blocks here that last longer. I also recall a blender being a popular addition so I will bring the Ninja if it's wanted to make cold drinks.

For those who don't have a specialty, please bring beverages you like or just bring yourselves...we always have water in the tent, but lemonade/iced tea/sodas/gatorades so you don't have to make the massive trek down the hill are always welcome.

#25 ·
As long as noone gets out of control we do have to drive back to hotel
most of festivities are reserved for hotel party
steve

#26 ·
Official Carlisle policy is
Sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted; however, disorderly or intoxicated persons will not be tolerated. Furnishing of alcoholic beverages to minors is prohibited. Pennsylvania State Law considers anyone under the age of 21 a minor. No glass bottles.

#28 ·
May have to watch that guy TomK above you he can become rambunctious at times.
STEVE

#30 ·
Bumping this thread carlisle is just over a month away
steve

#31 · (Edited)
Bump for the goodies thread...
6. North Jersey Mopar Crew Members will be bringing Chips etc and a few other things to compliment Sat Party
7. MARK HART NJM bringer Hanger steaks as well for Saturday night
8. JAMIE AND JACKIE NJM Bringing chips salsa and sides

I think we can show my other home club why we are more than just a club...

#33 ·
My wiener/ small misc small grill came in Friday, same one as i brought last year. co worker i borrowed it from
quit so i had to buy one...................

Reactions: FSTDANGO3
#34 ·
Dwayne I think we are keeping it to smaller items at field Friday Burgers dogs other items. Friday night we are having Moes deliver I believe to parking lot or hotel
Saturday at field Pizzas, Burgers dogs Brats and other treat people bring
Saturday Night ...PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA all types, Burgers, Dogs, Hanger steaks Chips salsa other go along items but we have several Mopar groups bringing stuff as well to share with all of us for lets say a Nice size Mopar BBQ...Oh Yeah and Mooonshine Saturday night as well.
STEVE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.