Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Want to wrap roof

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Want to wrap roof

So Im looking into wrapping the roof of my billet silver durango in gloss black. I went to a shop today and they quoted me 350 for the roof minus the shark fin and spoiler. I said how much more for those two. He said 100 for fin and 100 for spoiler. Is it really that expensive for those two items? I was happy with the 350 until he told me about the shark fin and spoiler part. I also want to tint my tail lights but it got a little confusing. This shop told me he doesn't tint tail lights that's its done with window tint. When i tinted my front windows, the tint guy told me oh no its done with a vynl and told me to go to a shop nearby that does vynl wraps. So whats the deal with that. Anyone can comment and help clear things up for me. ?
    2017 Dodge Durango R/T RWD Billet Metallic clear coat

Technology package
    Trailer hitch
    bucket seats
    sunroof

Member #
    Liked
    845 times
    Vehicle
    2014 R/T & 2015 Citadel
    Mods
    Enough to cause a divorce
    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoRT305 View Post
    So Im looking into wrapping the roof of my billet silver durango in gloss black. I went to a shop today and they quoted me 350 for the roof minus the shark fin and spoiler. I said how much more for those two. He said 100 for fin and 100 for spoiler. Is it really that expensive for those two items? I was happy with the 350 until he told me about the shark fin and spoiler part. I also want to tint my tail lights but it got a little confusing. This shop told me he doesn't tint tail lights that's its done with window tint. When i tinted my front windows, the tint guy told me oh no its done with a vynl and told me to go to a shop nearby that does vynl wraps. So whats the deal with that. Anyone can comment and help clear things up for me. ?
    That doesnt seem too outlandish. I can understand them charging separate for the Shark and spoiler b/c they are more complex shapes. heck - Dodge charges $1,500 for a painted black roof on a new charger.

with respect to tinting the tails - I couldn't find any shops around me that would do it with film b/c none would guarantee that it would stay on or not lose clarity when exposed to the weather. All of the shops recommended getting them painted. Some have had success here with film tint, so they would have to chime in on that. NYHunter had them done with window tint and had a lot of issues with bubbling.
    2014 Durango R/T
    K&N CAI I 22" Viper Reps I MGP Caliper Covers I Corsa Exhaust I Diablotoona Tune I Modern Muscle TB I 180 TStat
    BT Catch Can I Lots of Billet Goodies I Tinted Tailights I Mopar Hitch I Mopar Stainless Pedals & Sill Guards I Triton LEDs I DDM 3000K HID Fogs I Husky Splash Guards

Check out my noob's guide to gen 3 modding: http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...3-durango.html

dodgedurango.net - Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Dodge Durango R/T
    Mods
    Accuair, SRT Seats, SRT Steering Wheel, AFE Intake, SRT Shifter, Triumph Forged, Toyo Tires
    When I had my Charger roof wrapped they did the shark fin as well, I can understand why they want to charge because its not an easy thing to wrap. They also wrapped the tail lights using vinyl but the charger is easier as it doesn't have the DODGE logo embossed into the light. I don't think window tint would last long best bet would be to paint.

2016 Dodge Durango R/T - Accuair, Triumph Forged, Toyo Tires, SRT Seats,
    SRT Steering Wheel, SRT Floor Shifter, Magnaflow, AFE Intake, Billet Tech Goodies

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD
    Mods
    Tint
    Yeah, those prices are reasonable.
    2014 Durango R/T AWD, Granite Crystal, Tech&Tow Pkg, Nappa, Captains, Sunroof

Sponsored Links