Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need Gas Door HELP

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Vehicle
    2014 R/T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by random155 View Post
    Just a little update... So the doors do come painted to match. The first dealer I called was clueless. The second dealer I called said they come painted to match your D. But, before ordering he mentioned that the fuel door housing contains part of the hinge. So, I'll be taking the whole thing apart and seeing what is broken before I order anything.
    Good to know. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
    "It's like buying a car where the salesman states a top speed of 200 mph only to find out that it does 100 mph straightline or 200mph when falling off a cliff." -SelousSizzle (HardOCP Forums)

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD in Granite Crystal Metallic
    Not sure I understand the need to replace the door. It does easily come off of the hinge portion. Just stick a screwdriver into the rectangular slot and pry up while pulling the door towards you. It slides right off. Easily clips back on by reversing the procedure. I have 2014 R/T.20170111_100037.jpg
    Oversteer scares passengers; understeer scares drivers.

Mod's; Billet Tech catch can and other goodies, Volant CAI, Hypertech Interceptor, Mopar pedals, e-brake and custom dead pedal, Caliper covers, Matte Black vinyl/red pinstripe hood and fender stripes, true Hyperblack rims, debadge.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorMolarDoc View Post
    Not sure I understand the need to replace the door. It does easily come off of the hinge portion. Just stick a screwdriver into the rectangular slot and pry up while pulling the door towards you. It slides right off. Easily clips back on by reversing the procedure. I have 2014 R/T.20170111_100037.jpg
    Son of a bitch... I havent really got into messing with the door yet, but i wonder why they dont sell that hinge piece that the door is attached to, separately. I wont be able to dig into it until next week. But when I get it apart I'll keep you posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Does anyone have a repair manual for this car? I need to see how to remove the fuel door housing. There is also a spring clip at the top of the housing that was just dangling around. It should be clipped to something but I have no idea. Any help is appreciated.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Ok, final update. I pulled the wheel and fender well off to check out the inside of the gas door assembly. There is a plastic pin that pushed through the hinge and comes out the bottom. On the top of this pin there is a metal spring clamp thing. So, the pin came out of the bottom of the hinge making it flap around when the door was open. This caused the spring clamp to come off of a post it was supposed to be secured to. So, I pushed the pin down and secured the door. Then I hooked the spring clamp back up to where it was supposed to be, and its all fixed. I still have no clue how to take out the gas door housing though. Thank goodness I didnt need to.
    Ansar and Moose135 like this.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Vehicle
    Durango SXT 2015 AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by random155 View Post
    Ok, final update. I pulled the wheel and fender well off to check out the inside of the gas door assembly. There is a plastic pin that pushed through the hinge and comes out the bottom. On the top of this pin there is a metal spring clamp thing. So, the pin came out of the bottom of the hinge making it flap around when the door was open. This caused the spring clamp to come off of a post it was supposed to be secured to. So, I pushed the pin down and secured the door. Then I hooked the spring clamp back up to where it was supposed to be, and its all fixed. I still have no clue how to take out the gas door housing though. Thank goodness I didnt need to.
    That was ingenious.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T AWD Redline with Tow Package
    Well Done!
    2014 R/T AWD 5.7 with Volant CAI, Billet Catch Can, Caliper covers, WeatherTech Mats and Visors, Husky mud flaps, a couple of extra Hemi badges and a Bi-weekly payment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links