• 1 Post By tomk

Thread: Satelllite Radio Song/Artist Information

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango Limited AWD Billet Silver Sunroof Nav Power Liftgate

Satelllite Radio Song/Artist Information

Through UConnect there seems to be a serious limitation on the song/track information that gets displayed on the screen. There are really just two lines of text, each with a very limited number of characters. You often see incomplete titles, artist names or other information. This is strange because if you're listening to FM radio, UConnect has the same limited screen size but it will scroll through text so you can get the complete song/artist/album information with a couple glances at the screen. For Satellite radio it doesn't do this. Is there a setting I can change or are we stuck with partial information from Sirius/XM?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Vehicle
    Anyone know if this is a satellite radio limitation or just a programming issue in Uconnect? If FM stations are able to get all the song information, you would think that Sirius XM can do it.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi AWD
    Mods
    Spectre CAI, Osram Zivo LED tail lights and back up lights., Weathertech floor liners
    You have to update your Gracenotes.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

2013 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD Hemi
    Brilliant Black Crystal P/C

Mods to date: Spectre CAI, OSRAM Zivo LED tail/brake/reverse lights, Weathertech floor liners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Vehicle
    I contacted FCA and they said this is not their issue and I should contact SiriusXM. I did so. The SiriusXM customer service person was helpful but shifted the blame back tot Dodge. It turns out that the signal includes the information but older/cheaper satellite receivers only display the first few characters of the song information. The tech for receiving the full song information has been available for many years so it seems that Dodge just chose to include cheaper hardware that does not receive the complete information. The other possibility is that it's just a Uconnect programming issue but I doubt that.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Spectre CAI, Osram Zivo LED tail lights and back up lights., Weathertech floor liners
    As I said earlier you just need to update your gracenotes. there is a guy on the other dodge forums that keeps a database of all the updates in iso format. Go to his site, use the guest log in info. look up your radio. you can dl any firmware updates and grace note updates. then burn them to a dvd as an iso and install in your radio. Us guys with the older uconnects have to do this regularly since our radios are no longer supported by uconnect.

SOX is the MyGig Guru you see providing expert help on many of the automotive forums. SOX generously maintains a download site for MyGig updates including Gracenote and Application updates. Prior versions are also posted if you need to roll back to a previous version.

SOX's download site:
    https://www.mydrive.ch
    username: mygig@soxag
    password: gasolio

Disclaimer: MYGIG-DISK.COM posts Downloads of Software Updates released by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles as a convenience to MyGig owners. We are not responsible for problems that may arise from the installation or the failed installation of MyGig Software updates.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

Mods to date: Spectre CAI, OSRAM Zivo LED tail/brake/reverse lights, Weathertech floor liners.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Vehicle
    I'm not sure I understand how updated Gracenotes would help me here. I currently get the complete song information (scrolling when necessary) when listening to regular radio. This has only been an issue with Satellite radio. And I do get the song information and the album art. The issue is that I only get the first several characters of song information.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Vehicle
    Mods
    Good question. have you checked to see if you have the latest version of the firmware? maybe it s a glitch that was fixed in an update. Dont go by what the uconnect site says, because it seems to tell everyone they are current. Use the link i gave earlier and see what the latest firmware is. Most the time if your having a problem like that, its because of the software.
    Ed "Cannonball" L.

Member #
    Liked
    1014 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    in my experience, most sirius artist/title info fits in the space available (might just be the stations I listen to..), but as far as I know there is no way to make it scroll if it overflows.

Satelllite Radio Song/Artist Information-img_20170520_083535146sm.jpg
    Moose135 likes this.
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Sponsored Links