Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aftermarket backup camera install questions

Grasshopper
    Member #
    I had the Crux Rvcch-75c installed on my 2014 Durango SXT with the 5" radio in October 2014. I purchased the Crux from Crutchfield. The Crux only has a one year warranty. I am now out of the warranty period and my camera is malfunctioning. When I put my Durango in reverse I get a blue screen instead of my backup image. The installer told me to contact Crux. I contacted Crux through email but they were unable to offer me any troubleshooting solutions. Is it possible that I have a blown fuse, need a new wiring harness, new camera, grounding problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2012 DD RT
    Are any of these reverse cam options available for a 2012 with the 6.5" 430 rbz?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    I got a nearly new rear light assembly with the camera in it for a 2015 if anyone is interested, let me know. Barely more than that Crutchfield purchase.

Do you still have the assembly?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jack0910 View Post
    If you get the crux camera interface it comes with a harness that goes directly into the radio and the factory harness plugs into the crux harness. I can take pics tomorrow if you want to see. I installed the crux interface camera on my 14 SXT and did not have to make a trip to the dealer, as soon as it was plugged in it worked. I even started with the 5.0 screen and upgraded to the 8.4an and it's worked on both head units. Let me know if you have any other questions
    Jack, I recently installed the RVCH75C on my 14 durango.... I get a blue screen more often then not... worked great for about a week. Wondering if maybe my dip switches are set incorrectly. Do you have a photo of how yours are set?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SSV
    Quote Originally Posted by Netmaster View Post
    The PAC BCI-CH41 does not require a trip to the dealer and comes with a harness that allows you to plug in an aftermarket reverse camera to the back of the radio.

The BCI-CH41 also has quite a few other features you may like. I would recommend reading the BCI's instructions to see what it can do.

I'm an engineer at PAC and made this part. A lot of the features just come from me personally owing a 2014 Durango Limited, and now a 15 Citadel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack0910 View Post
    If you get the crux camera interface it comes with a harness that goes directly into the radio and the factory harness plugs into the crux harness. I can take pics tomorrow if you want to see. I installed the crux interface camera on my 14 SXT and did not have to make a trip to the dealer, as soon as it was plugged in it worked. I even started with the 5.0 screen and upgraded to the 8.4an and it's worked on both head units. Let me know if you have any other questions
    So I was looking a this thread and another one here 2015 Durango backup camera

I have the UConnect5.0 and was wondering if it would be better to just get the entire Crux System Crux RVCCH-75CC Backup Camera System Crux RVCCH-75CC Backup Camera System Add a rear-view camera to your factory radio in 2014-up Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles at Crutchfield.com

OR the PAC BCI-CH41 Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future AND a Crux Camera like this Crux CCH-01G Rear-view camera for select 2014-up Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Either way, wouldn't I be accomplishing the same thing. Camera and Housing and Interface Harness that Plug and Plays with the Factory Radio?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango SSV
    Mods
    None Yet
    I am looking at the PAC BCI-CH41 as well. A couple of issues I would like to clear up if anyone has installed this unit:

1) The tech notes say that 1 amp of power is provided by the unit for a rear camera then immediately says a relay is required. It doesn't say "required if draw exceeds 1 amp". I can't imagine a backup camera would use more than one amp, so I don't know if a relay is really required or not.

2) is the firmware upgradable? I want the features of v2 firmware, but I have no idea what version I am getting if I order online. I believe it would have been smarter to change the product number to avoid this confusion.

Also would love a camera recommendation that is tested with this and reliable if others have installed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Durango
    Mods
    none yet.
    I installed this setup in my 15 D. The power is supplied by the head unit, you use the blue wire in the pac wire harness and conect it to the camera video wiring. Also the V2 is designed for the ram trucks and the new dodge van. Go to the PAC website for any info I didn't give. The site also has contact info to ask specific questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango SSV
    Mods
    None Yet
    Just an update for anyone that is still looking at this...

I installed the PAC BCI-CH41 and the Crux CCH-01G in my Durango last weekend. The trim on the rear lift gate was the worst part of it for me. I ordered some extra plastic retainer clips to go back out and put new ones on as several don't seem to be holding well.

I followed the camera instructions: I taped off the red wire coming out of the camera. I extended the black wire coming out of the camera and grounded it to the metal ground under the driver's side trim panel (very back of the truck right above the fuel door release) and only ran the one video wire up to the head unit. For the video wire, I ran this along the factory wiring from the tailgate, as in the post above, I continued it along the factory wiring which ran right next to the 2nd row driver side seat belt anchor point and then across the door jamb. Once next to the driver seat, I ran it over to the console under the carpet. I did not have to extend anything. I had an extra foot once up behind the radio. I attached the red power wire coming out of the S-Video plug to the power wire on the PAC unit and the screen came on, but did not show the camera. Only a white screen. I did not know what wasn't working at the time, but decided it wasn't getting enough juice.

So... I tapped into the accessory cig lighter plug in the center console and ran that wire up to the same area behind the radio. I attached that to the small red wire coming out of the S-Video plug and... I got camera feed. Everything looked good. I did not want the camera to remain powered at all times ACC was on, so I went to AutoZone and picked up a $5 relay and wired it in. Point being: PAC unit did not supply enough juice for the Crux camera.

I am very happy with this combo. I added the remote start at the same time and everything is working well.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    So does the PAC BCI-CH41 also allow you to have a front camera as well as a backup camera?

What camera is everyone using with this unit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Grasshopper
    Member #
    I installed a 3rd party backup camera in my 2015 Durango SXT. I paid the dealer to enable the Uconnect 5.0 as a factory installed camera. Everything works good except while adding the camera wires to the Uconnect connector, the connector must have touch ground and blew a fuse as the display does not fire up. I checked all the fuses on the engine compartment and non were blown, but there is still no power to the red 12v feed wire to the Uconnect display. If I back feed the 12v supply from the lighter receptacle, the unit fires up and the the radio starts playing and the camera works when put in reverse. I have scoured the internet for a wire diagram or for an answer to no avail. There was on thread that suggested that there was a hidden 20amp fuse under or near the passenger seat that powers the Uconnect display, but I can't find anything besides the battery case. Does anyone know of another place where a fuse would be for this? All other lights and controls work, it's just the Uconnect display power that is not there. I looked at Tech Authority, but I'm afraid that they will not have the wiring diagram based on the drop down list in my trail look and I don't want to pay and then find out there is no power diagram. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links