Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Map light won't cut off.

Member #
    Liked
    930 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Quote Originally Posted by legacygt View Post
    So I picked up a new 2015 Limited a couple days ago. I'm sure I'll be full of questions and observations once I've spent some more time with the car but to follow up on this thread, my car has the buttons shown in the photo but the lights also turn on/off by pressing the plastic light covers. Is this intentional redundancy? Is it a case of two interior engineering teams not talking to each other? I'm not sure which switch method I prefer but having both seems silly.
    There are two lights behind each lens. Pushing the lens only controls one of the lights, the button controls the other.
    Be amazed at the friends
    You have here on your trip
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited V-6 AWD Max Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by legacygt View Post
    So I picked up a new 2015 Limited a couple days ago. I'm sure I'll be full of questions and observations once I've spent some more time with the car but to follow up on this thread, my car has the buttons shown in the photo but the lights also turn on/off by pressing the plastic light covers. Is this intentional redundancy? Is it a case of two interior engineering teams not talking to each other? I'm not sure which switch method I prefer but having both seems silly.
    There are two bulbs in that housing, one controlled by pressing the cover, the other with the switch.

And after I post, the page refreshes, and I see Tom already answered...
    Last edited by Moose135; 03-16-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    upstatedoc likes this.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango Limited AWD Billet Silver Sunroof Nav Power Liftgate
    Thanks for the replies. I can tell I'm going to like this forum already.

I confirmed the dual light bulb. Had I tried this at night first it would have been clearer. The separate button activates a spot. Pressing the lens activates a more dispersed dome-style light. I don't think I've seen separate dispersed lights for the driver and passenger before. I guess it's good.

Unrelated but this brings up one of my initial reactions after driving this car for the few days: I'm really surprised at the way they put really high-quality materials next to much lower quality materials. Maybe this is the result of parts sharing with Jeep and Mercedes. The spot light switch feels like quality but pressing the lens to activate the other bulb is much less satisfying. The plastic feels cheap and flimsy. In the same neighborhood, the eye glasses holder feels like crap. I get the same sense with my hands on the wheel. The metal paddle shifters feel expensive but the volume and channel surfing buttons on the back of the wheel feel cheap. Same thing with the wiper stalk. The stalk overall feels cheap. It almost seems to bend in your hand. But there's a beautifully knurled metal ring around it to control the rear wiper that feels so solid, it could be in a tank. I guess I shouldn't complain. It's great that they included some high quality parts in the cabin. I'm just struck and how high and low quality are right next to each other in so many places.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1747 times
    Vehicle
    2013 R/T D HEMI
    Mods
    DIABLO TUNING, 22 SRT WHEELS, AFE CAI, BILLET TECH GOODIES, CORSA
    I have seen that as well with the products next to each other for reference though nothing on materials interior is shared with Mercedes anymore some suspension and engineering have been taken from that prior relationship

BRIGHT WHITE R/T, HEMIFEVER TUNING, CORSA EXHAUST, FMTB, AFE CAI
    BT GOODIES, 22" SRT8 REPS, RK SPORTS HOOD,KATZKIN INTERIOR

"Dodgedurango.net welcomes all members with open arms, regardless of social status, creed, color, vehicle color, vehicle model or how it is modded. The only thing we discriminate against is DISRESPECT... We're not friends we are FAMILY"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6411..._comment_reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links