Anyone purchase Maximum Care (MOPAR Vehicle Protection) for new vehicles? - Page 24
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Anyone purchase Maximum Care (MOPAR Vehicle Protection) for new vehicles?

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Durango SXT PLUS RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by TxV8D View Post
    Well, that sucks! I'm in the same boat, then. I guess this Chrysler's way of protecting their dealers' profits.
    I guess. He suggested I call MOPAR and see if I had any other options, or just contact the dealership and try and negotiate an upgrade to the Maxcare. I havent had a chance to do either, but plan on it next week. I will update once I do and let you know what they said.
    2015 Dodge Durango SXT PLUS RWD.... That's right, PLUS!

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango R/T (Redline)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxV8D View Post
    Do you have to buy the Mopar MaxCare warranty from a reseller? Has anyone purchased it directly from the number listed on Dodge.com (i.e. via the link in Tweak's post)? I'm thinking about canceling the third-party warranty the dealer sold me when I bought my 2017 and get the Mopar warranty, instead.
    I would not by direct from dodge's number (plenty of profit built in). I purchased my Mopar MaxCare Unlimited ($100 deductible) from Clay Robbins at Zellar Motors (clay@zellermotors.com). He comes highly recommended by the people on this group (including myself). Great price. Great service. Can't go wrong.
    Last edited by gonzo628; 10-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    fltru103 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Durango R/T (Redline)
    Quote Originally Posted by justchilin View Post
    Cool, thanks. Wondering if anyone knows if the Care Plus purchased at dealership can be canceled so I can upgrade to the Maxcare thru Zeigler? I have about 5k miles and its been since May of this year when I bought my D here in California, new. Thanks!
    I would reach out to Clay Robbins @ Zeller Motors (clay@zellermotors.com) ...comes highly recommended by forum members. He might be able to answer your questions concerning canceling your high-priced contract and getting a better priced one through him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Vehicle
    2015 DD SXT, Bright White
    Mods
    Steelcraft 121120 Running Boards
    EVERYONE -

Do yourself a FAVOR. Stop wondering. Cancel every warranty that you purchased through your dealer AFTER you check with Clay Robbins at Zeller Motors (clay@zellermotors.com). He is so easy to work with, and will NOT steer you wrong. You need to supply him a few things: 1)your VIN; 2)your DD mileage; 3) your purchase date. State to him that you wish to purchase the LIFETIME MAXCARE Mopar Warranty; he will be glad to give you the cheapest price in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, PERIOD for the full coverage everyone has been talking about.

I bought my 2015 DD SXT AWD leftover in February 2016. The very reputable dealer I purchased from sat me down in the sales office going over the paperwork. I had to decline at least 3 "extended warranties" by initialing, to prove that the dealership at least offered them to me. NOT ONE OF THEM WAS THE MOPAR WARRANTY!!! This dealership is a highly-rated and respected dealership, and even THEY did NOT offer me the MOPAR warranty!!

I have mused back and forth about this since May 2016 when I originally contacted Clay. I sent him an email mid-December, and he stated the price was the same that he had quoted me back in May 2016. He mentioned that the price would rise probably about $100 after the New Year. I'm no dummy; $100 is $100! I sent him my information, then called him. He set me up for the MOPAR Lifetime Max Care Warranty ($100 deductable), and sent me to the Mopar website to review the coverage (over 5000 parts covered!). I purchased the MOPAR Lifetime Max Care Warranty on December 30, 2016.

Now.... drum roll: I paid $2130. That's right. $2130. From reading everyone's posts, that's at least $400 less, and in some cases, $1500 less than what you paid your dealership for a NON-MOPAR warranty. Dealers love those things. They present them to the buyer (who is just praying that the paperwork mess will soon be over), and never explain in detail what they are selling. The dealerships get a HUGE cut of that price, and you, the unsuspecting buyer, don't think twice, other than "Phew.... if my radio ever blows up, I'm covered.....". Of course, you could be covered for that and a whole lot more for a lot less money.

I am the type of vehicle owner that drives their car into the ground. I get the FULL value of what I paid for, because I own it until the bitter end. I expect that with the incredible integration of the UConnect, touch screen radio, electronic modules EVERYWHERE, and the fact that vehicle wiring now is no longer point-to-point, but rather utilizes an actual wired NETWORK inside the car (think I'm nutz? Read up about CAN..... it's used in everything that rolls off a vehicle assembly line now). Just one small (in Olden Days) repair that might have cost $25 and be fixed in 10 minutes will now be hundreds of dollars at a minimum, and let's not even begin to talk about the hourly labor rate to dig into the engine compartment to actually reach the offending module. I like the quality of my DD, but I am a realist. Electronics occasionally DO fail. Parts DO break. Assembly line mistakes DO occur. Now.... I'm covered for the LIFE of my DD (up to the point the repair cost exceeds the residual value of the DD) for any or ALL of that, minus $100 out of my pocket, and covered for vehicle rental while it's being fixed (I think that only lasts 7 years, but I'll take it).

Long story short: Do yourself a favor. Consider all the electronics (just them ALONE!!), all the major systems and sub-systems, and think long and hard about what sort of expenses you yourself are willing to foot for an unexpected repair of just one of them. NONE of them will be cheap to fix. I looked at the cost per year of the MOPAR Lifetime Max Care warranty versus what I might have to spend, and for me, it was a quick decision. I got the warranty.

If you think things through like I did, and come to the same conclusion, do yourself the very BEST favor: Get in touch with Clay Robbins. He will get you the best price with no haggling, or grief. You might, just might, find a local dealer that will "match" Clay's price, but I sincerely doubt it. If you bought some other warranty, try try try try try to get OUT OF IT.

As always.... just my two (in this post, probably a LOT more) cents......
    Last edited by Teejay1959; 01-08-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Tweak likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Vehicle
    2007 and 2014 5.7L Grand Cherokees
    Agree with all.

Only thing I'd add is that sometimes your local dealer will meet Clay's price on a mopar plan.. that's what mine did.

at least some realize a little profit is better than no profit..
    Tweak likes this.
    What?
    --
    14 JGC Deep Cherry Overland 5.7L
    07 JGC Red Rock Limited 5.7L
    And some past Durangos
    de W1PF

Member #
    Liked
    1806 times
    Vehicle
    2013 R/T D HEMI
    Mods
    DIABLO TUNING, 22 SRT WHEELS, AFE CAI, BILLET TECH GOODIES, CORSA
    CLAY is the Man to go to.
    STEVE

BRIGHT WHITE R/T, HEMIFEVER TUNING, CORSA EXHAUST, FMTB, AFE CAI
    BT GOODIES, 22" SRT8 REPS, RK SPORTS HOOD,KATZKIN INTERIOR

"Dodgedurango.net welcomes all members with open arms, regardless of social status, creed, color, vehicle color, vehicle model or how it is modded. The only thing we discriminate against is DISRESPECT... We're not friends we are FAMILY"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6411..._comment_reply

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Durango RT
    Mods
    Looking!!!!
    Got 6 years for 1k. 0$ deductible at the dealership. $1300 for lifetime? I really dropped the ball on that part of the negotiation....

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango Limited Rallye
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop View Post
    Got 6 years for 1k. 0$ deductible at the dealership. $1300 for lifetime? I really dropped the ball on that part of the negotiation....
    Lifetime's are not $1300. Much more then that number.
    Are you sure you even have an FCA ( Mopar ) service contract ?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I wasn't aware about lifetime warranty option when I purchased 2 months ago, but did talk the dealer down from $2,495 for 8 years to $1,100 for 8 years, but for only 60K miles. Still $100 deductible, and is the Mopar Max Care. May look into upgrading to lifetime at some point.
    Last edited by CodyC6; 01-08-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Durango Limited Rallye
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyC6 View Post
    I wasn't aware about lifetime warranty option when I purchased 2 months ago, but did talk the dealer down from $2,495 for 8 years to $1,100 for 8 years. Still $100 deductible, and is the Mopar Max Care. May look into upgrading to lifetime at some point.
    The 8 year has several mileage options. Which did you get ?
    I just checked my other car, those mileage limits start at 60K, then on to 75K, 85K, 100K, 125K.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links