Anyone purchase Maximum Care (MOPAR Vehicle Protection) for new vehicles? - Page 23
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Anyone purchase Maximum Care (MOPAR Vehicle Protection) for new vehicles?

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Vehicle
    2016 Brilliant Black Dodge Durango Limited Blacktop Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy35 View Post
    Is the Dodge warranty contingent on getting (and paying for) those B/S inspections most cars call for?

By "B/S" I mean inspect this, inspect that, check this, and check that, when in fact all it really is is an oil change and tire rotation? I recall those periodic "oil changes" cost a couple to a few hundred dollars depending on how many inspect/check items there were. All I ever did was whatever real maintenance action (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) was called for. I've heard some horror stories about FCA warranty denials so I was curious about whether they are selling you insurance and using that as leverage to get you to cough up a boatload of money for B/S service items or as a basis for denial of claim.
    I have the Liftime Powertrain and the Max Care on my 08 Avenger, I have only had one mandated inspection so far, that was at 5yrs and Dodge sent a multiple postcards for a free complete inspection. They did it for free and gave me a copy of what they checked and the results. So I had a copy to prove it was a done. It's 8years old now and still getting free parts/labor with $100 deductible. Hasn't really needed many though.

One thing to note, in 2008 when I bought the Avenger, warranty states good till 2099 or 999,999,999 miles which ever occurs first, or some craziness. The 2016 Durango Maxcare paper work states it covers all parts labor until they exceed the value of the vehicle and which time they give you the lesser of 2 values or something. Which by that time I figure all the good will be used up.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Durango SXT PLUS RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    I have the Liftime Powertrain and the Max Care on my 08 Avenger, I have only had one mandated inspection so far, that was at 5yrs and Dodge sent a multiple postcards for a free complete inspection. They did it for free and gave me a copy of what they checked and the results. So I had a copy to prove it was a done. It's 8years old now and still getting free parts/labor with $100 deductible. Hasn't really needed many though.

One thing to note, in 2008 when I bought the Avenger, warranty states good till 2099 or 999,999,999 miles which ever occurs first, or some craziness. The 2016 Durango Maxcare paper work states it covers all parts labor until they exceed the value of the vehicle and which time they give you the lesser of 2 values or something. Which by that time I figure all the good will be used up.
    I got my 2015 D in May and bought the Maxcare Warranty and it states "Expires on 2099-08-22 or 999999 miles" on the contract, so maybe it varies from contract to contract? However, my deductible is $200 so maybe that makes a difference? Either way, I think it will be totally worth it if anything goes wrong with the D after the factory warranty runs out. Piece if mind.
    2015 Dodge Durango SXT PLUS RWD.... That's right, PLUS!

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Vehicle
    Hmm maybe I'm thinking of a different warranty, I need to look that back up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Vehicle
    Hmm maybe I'm thinking of a different warranty, I need to look that back up.
    Scratch that, I actually have the Added Care Plus warranty not the Maxcare... just double checked... on that note, should I have gotten the Maxcare? It wasnt even offered when I got the D. This one still covers quite a bit but now Im wondering if I should have gotten the Max.

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Vehicle
    Added Care plus would have covered everything my Avenger has had repaired, my mother's Caravan had all her failures covered with it.
    Here are links to compare the big items covered by both.

Added Care Plus New Vehicle

Maximum Care New Vehicle

And for the gals & guys with Certified PreOwned (CPO)

Added Care Plus Coverage Certified Pre-owned Vehicle

Maximum Care Coverage Certified Pre-owned Vehicle
    Last edited by Tweak; 10-25-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added links for the PreOwned crowd.
    justchilin likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Vehicle
    Added Care plus would have covered everything my Avenger has had repaired, my mother's Caravan had all her failures covered with it.

Maximum Care New Vehicle

Cool, thanks. Wondering if anyone knows if the Care Plus purchased at dealership can be canceled so I can upgrade to the Maxcare thru Zeigler? I have about 5k miles and its been since May of this year when I bought my D here in California, new. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Vehicle
    I'm trying to remember but there was a time limit you could add a service contract, and I THINK if you don't use it it gets refunded totally if you cancel. Depending how much hassle they give you at the dealer, you might be better off to ask if they can upgrade it for the difference or something. Personally time is serious money, I work about 80-90hrs a week so any hour at the dealer is costing me an hour of overtime. This Zeigler everyone mentions isn't the one in West Michigan by me, by chance is it?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Addtion

Page 2 has some info about folks cancelling and upgrading for you
    http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...tml#post168708
    Anyone purchase Maximum Care (MOPAR Vehicle Protection) for new vehicles?
    Last edited by Tweak; 10-25-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    17 Citadel AWD V8, Vice White, Tech/Ent/Tow
    Mods
    Husky floor liners & Aries cargo liner. Front window tint. Rexing V1 dash cam.

Maximum Care New Vehicle

Do you have to buy the Mopar MaxCare warranty from a reseller? Has anyone purchased it directly from the number listed on Dodge.com (i.e. via the link in Tweak's post)? I'm thinking about canceling the third-party warranty the dealer sold me when I bought my 2017 and get the Mopar warranty, instead.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Vehicle
    I emailed Zeigler regarding a warranty and said that even if I cancel my existing warranty with my dealership, he couldnt sell me one because I already had purchased one from my dealership. I dont get it, why not?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle
    17 Citadel AWD V8, Vice White, Tech/Ent/Tow
    Mods
    Husky floor liners & Aries cargo liner. Front window tint. Rexing V1 dash cam.
    Quote Originally Posted by justchilin View Post
    I emailed Zeigler regarding a warranty and said that even if I cancel my existing warranty with my dealership, he couldnt sell me one because I already had purchased one from my dealership. I dont get it, why not?
    Well, that sucks! I'm in the same boat, then. I guess this Chrysler's way of protecting their dealers' profits.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links