Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Front turn signal LED conversion

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Vehicle
    2013 RT/AWD 5.7 HEMI Durango
    Mods
    K&N,Borla,Trinity,Halo's,BullBar &Nerf Bars are Linex,windows&windshield tinted,Brembo/JGC wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by crankish View Post
    So are they always lit in 8K then switches to blinking amber when turned on?
    Correct, when blinker is on it actually cycles between the two colors. When just your running lights are on it is the primary blue. I used oracle bulbs, I wouldn't recommend venturing out. I've had one other more expensive pair that looked bad when on running light. They actually projected and would blind people in their side mirrors.
    Last edited by BigJon; 06-18-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    crankish likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T
    Mods
    22x10.5" rims, Borla catback, K&N, LED turns/interior, BREMBOS, black grill, fender stripes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
    Correct, when blinker is on it actually cycles between the two colors. When just your running lights are on it is the primary blue. I used oracle bulbs, I wouldn't recommend venturing out. I've had one other more expensive pair that looked bad when on running light. They actually projected and would blind people in their side mirrors.
    Nice! Would love to see a video of them in action.
    Stance is everything

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Vehicle
    2013 RT/AWD 5.7 HEMI Durango
    Mods
    K&N,Borla,Trinity,Halo's,BullBar &Nerf Bars are Linex,windows&windshield tinted,Brembo/JGC wheels
    I will in July, the pic above is the version that blinds people. I took them out until I get my new ones, oracle, in a couple weeks. When I had my wreck a couple months ago they broke on impact along with my headlight brackets, bumper, and BullBar. BullBar took the blunt of the hit and did no other damage besides cosmetic. I Tboned a guy at about 15mph after locking up my brakes from 35. His fault so his insurance covered everything and I got 1k for diminished value. Oh and his car I believe was totaled, Camry 2012, hit him square in the frame of the passenger door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front turn signal LED conversion-image.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango RT AWD
    Mods
    MGP CF Calip Covers | 6K Head & Fog Lights | Int Cree LED | Tints | Res Delete w/ 4" Blk Ex Tips
    Because his stock is a switchback. Ours on 2014 only lights up when turn signals/ hazards are activated.
    Nice! Would love to see a video of them in action.
    2014 Durango RT AWD
    Granite Crystal Metallic | Technology Group | Trailer Tow Group IV | Capt Chairs | Nappa |Sunroof | DVD & Nav

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango R/T
    Quote Originally Posted by klasango View Post
    Somehow I have doubts based on the reviews. Can you take a picture comparing the two?
    Want kind of picture do you want? I have had them in for a few days now and they work great. I read the reviews and took a chance anyway, they look as well made as any other LED bulb that I have bought in the past. I have a 2014 R/T and that is all I will speak to, but they work great in my car best $20 and 5 minutes that I have ever spent.
    2014 Durango R/T, AWD, Tech Pack, Tow Pack - Black - Painted Calipers/Rotors - HID Fog Lights - LED Front Turn Signals - Tinted Front Windows 35%

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango R/T
    Mods
    22x10.5" rims, Borla catback, K&N, LED turns/interior, BREMBOS, black grill, fender stripes
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Here is a short video after I swapped the passenger side front turn signal with a Triton LED kit and left the drivers side stock. As you can see, the output is almost identical but the LED "flash effect" is much more obvious when both lamps are activated and flashing.

The install on the passenger side was very straightforward while the drivers side requires you to remove the entire air box to access the turn signal socket and wiring. The Triton kit requires NO cutting or splicing into the factory wiring at all and includes the control boxes (resistors) to eliminate any "fast flash" bulb out warnings.

My next project on this 2014 DD is a kit to stop the DRL's from extinguishing when a turn signal is activated. I just don't like the look of it and I am not convinced it is truly a safety feature. The turn signals can easily be seen by other motorists with the DRL activated.
    I'd really like to see the same video but out in the sun and from a distance. Sometimes w/ LED's, they are bright at night but not so much in the daylight.
    Stance is everything

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango RT AWD
    Mods
    MGP CF Calip Covers | 6K Head & Fog Lights | Int Cree LED | Tints | Res Delete w/ 4" Blk Ex Tips
    We don't have a switchback on our DD. We only have the regular 3157 so the switchback won't work on ours. It'll only function as turn signal but the white part won't stay lite.
    I'd really like to see the same video but out in the sun and from a distance. Sometimes w/ LED's, they are bright at night but not so much in the daylight.
    2014 Durango RT AWD
    Granite Crystal Metallic | Technology Group | Trailer Tow Group IV | Capt Chairs | Nappa |Sunroof | DVD & Nav

Member #
    Liked
    863 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango R/T Red
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Here is a short video after I swapped the passenger side front turn signal with a Triton LED kit and left the drivers side stock. As you can see, the output is almost identical but the LED "flash effect" is much more obvious when both lamps are activated and flashing.

The install on the passenger side was very straightforward while the drivers side requires you to remove the entire air box to access the turn signal socket and wiring. The Triton kit requires NO cutting or splicing into the factory wiring at all and includes the control boxes (resistors) to eliminate any "fast flash" bulb out warnings.

My next project on this 2014 DD is a kit to stop the DRL's from extinguishing when a turn signal is activated. I just don't like the look of it and I am not convinced it is truly a safety feature. The turn signals can easily be seen by other motorists with the DRL activated.
    Where did you get your bulbs? Do you have part numbers? Thanks for the video, love the look.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango Citadel 5.7
    Mods
    Mopar CAI, Mopar Bug Deflector, Mopar Pedals, Weathertech Vent Shades
    Just an FYI for anyone still looking to swap to LEDs for their turn signals, I just put in Pilot 3157s in mine and they are as bright as stock and work perfectly fine in full sun. They are canbus LEDs so no errors and no fast blinking. I picked them up from my local Autozone for $24.99 -- Pilot/Turn Signal Light Mini Bulb (IL-3157A-15) | AutoZone.com While I would love to go with the Tritons, I just can't justify the price personally.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango RT
    Quote Originally Posted by stingerbtry View Post
    Just an FYI for anyone still looking to swap to LEDs for their turn signals, I just put in Pilot 3157s in mine and they are as bright as stock and work perfectly fine in full sun. They are canbus LEDs so no errors and no fast blinking. I picked them up from my local Autozone for $24.99 -- Pilot/Turn Signal Light Mini Bulb (IL-3157A-15) | AutoZone.com While I would love to go with the Tritons, I just can't justify the price personally.
    Any pic or video with them in?
    2014 Durango R/T 5.7L 345 HEMI, AWD, Captain Chairs, Afe Intake, Billet Technology Catch can. HEMIFEVERTUNE....
    It is better to remain silent and have people wonder if you are an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links