Dodge Durango Forum banner

R/T in the snow

11K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Spax1967 
#1 ·
We got about 9 inches of snow on Sunday and decided to get the r/t out to see how it does. I was not disappointed. This thing is a beast. No problems getting around at all. Anyone else have some pictures of theirs in snow?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a citadel and have only had it for about a week now. We got a lot of snow too and I was impressed. Before this I had a 2011 grand cherokee overland with the air suspension, quadra drive II and quadra track, so I was nervous going to the durango with just AWD but it didn't let me down.

#13 ·
That is really good to read! The Jeep is exactly what I am driving right now too and it was one of my concerns that the D would not do as good in snow (The Jeep is s a monster for this after all). My Dealer just told me today that I can pick up my 14 R/T :)... and guess what... it did snow again today!

#4 ·
I am very disappointed with mine in the snow...it is almost impossible to get sideways! Turning stability off, I can have some fun, but with AWD it is a bit tougher. For average person who is looking to NOT get sideways, it is great! With stability on, if it slips at all the D immediately puts itself back on track. I don't have any pictures of it in snow though.

#9 ·
I would not recommend using 4 low and hammering it for a few donuts or slides, it was not designed for that.
STEVE

#11 ·
Hi guys and girls! I finally feel like I can post now. Our 2014 R/T was finally delievered on the 3rd of January, right in between the two snow storms here in St. Louis. I just could not talk myself into "testing out" the Durango's snow capabilities with only 25 miles on it. Oh well, maybe next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.