Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: programming the garage door opener

Member #

programming the garage door opener

Has anyone else had problems programming the built in garage door opener? I have followed the instructions in the manual, but its just not doing what it's supposed to do. Any tips?

2006 D SLT
    Matt Pittman
    '06 D SLT 4x4 4.7L

Member #
    Your garage door opener (the unit mounted to the ceiling) may have a "program learning button" on it as well. Newer models (less than 10 years old) use a scrambled type code each time the button on the remote garage door opener is used. (Before this you could drive around with your remote opener and possible open up somebody else's garage door.)

The procedure for my garage door opener unit was to push a special button (in my case it was red.) The unit then sends out (for about 60 seconds) the programming needed by your opener in the D to learn the scrambled code that's required. After pushing this special button then you follow the procedure in your D manual to program the button.

Hope this helps?
    Jeremy - de KA9LRV - 73's

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.7L Hemi QC, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, Luverne Mega Steps, Putco Rocket Locker Bed Rails, 2 inch lift, exhaust mod
    2003 Honda Odyssey
    2003 Ford E250
    ex-2001 Dodge Durango 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I know that some cars have 2 sets of instructions for programming the homelink system for the door opener. One is for normal doors and the other is for the "rolling code' style of opener. You apparently have a "rolling code" style of opener. The instructions in your manual should be much more involved than the normal (?) set.
    Hanson front bumper, Kennesaw rear bumper, Ranch9000xl's w/ remote, Detroit Locker, lots of other goodies

Member #
    That was the term I was looking for - "rolling code" type opener (thanks MWeed.) Read your instructions for your garage door opener unit. There should be a button you push that sends out this "rolling code." Then you have about a minute to go and program the opener in the D?
    Jeremy - de KA9LRV - 73's

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.7L Hemi QC, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, Luverne Mega Steps, Putco Rocket Locker Bed Rails, 2 inch lift, exhaust mod
    2003 Honda Odyssey
    2003 Ford E250
    ex-2001 Dodge Durango 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L

Member #
    Thanks guys, I got it programmed. I just had to press the "Learn" red button on my garage door motor, and then within 30 seconds press the programmed button in the Durango. Works like a charm.
    Matt Pittman
    '06 D SLT 4x4 4.7L

Member #
    Vehicle
    SaaB 900 vert
    Lucky you, I spend back in 2004 full day trying to do the same? even RTFM just to find out that doors on my house are installed in 80's and using some funny frequencies?
    Hemi for going, Powerslot for braking, Borla for sound

Member #
    Vehicle
    SaaB 900 vert
    Quote Originally Posted by mart284
    Lucky you, I spend back in 2004 full day trying to do the same? even RTFM just to find out that doors on my house are installed in 80's and using some funny frequencies?
    changed the country - probelm is still the same. In Estonia most of the receivers work on 433Mhz range, I couldn't find the correct frequenzy on D manual, but homelink page is showing in US with radio-frequency devices operating between 288 and 399 MHz (exclusive of the restricted 322-335 MHz range)

Could someone check from your working garage opener the frequncy numbers, please? I had a set of openers to test and none of them worked

olk
    Member #
    changed the country - probelm is still the same. In Estonia most of the receivers work on 433Mhz range, I couldn't find the correct frequenzy on D manual, but homelink page is showing in US with radio-frequency devices operating between 288 and 399 MHz (exclusive of the restricted 322-335 MHz range)

Could someone check from your working garage opener the frequncy numbers, please? I had a set of openers to test and none of them worked
    Mart,
    I never got my Durango opener working for my gates. No matter what I tried
    --- DoC member, left Dodgedurango.net after conversion on mid-2013 as technical issues prevented further use of the new site.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    I just use the supplied remote in the overhead compartment designed for it with the Lego button pushers.

IndyDurango

Member #
    Vehicle
    SaaB 900 vert
    Now I know the answer-> use extra remote for that

- Over here the allowed frequencies are 40MHz, 433MHz or 8xxMHz, in the US it's between 288 and 399 MHz. I was thinking of importing one gate-opener working in proper range, this is also mission impossible -> those aren't allowed by custom regulations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links