Dodge Durango Forum banner

Factory infinity system sounds great with hu upgrade.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tomcatg 
#1 ·
I have a 05 limited with the rec nav and infinity 9 speaker system. The factory nav toggle stick was broke inside, so made the stereo pretty useless, no settings could be changed, no nav address input etc. Sound quality was bad, distortion, no good bass etc. So I decided to buy the Metra CHTO-01 Chrysler CAN Amp Turn-On Adapter, a cheap Pioneer 3800bhs and install kit. Wow, Huge difference. The OEM infinity speakers sound excellent, the bass is very good and overall sound is clear and no noticable distortion. The metra has a gain on it, to turn up the input before it goes to the OEM amp. I think this helped the most, the sound quality is so much better, bass, lower and cleaner sounding and system gets a lot louder, so loud I never have to turn it up much past the 1/2 way on stereo. If you have been thinking about doing this, do it! I also own a 2010 Camaro SS, with all custom system. Sony 2015 top of line 7 inch stereo, all speakers replaced with Kenwood excelon and 2 Kenwood amps, 120 watt x4 for speakers and mono 700 watt for subs. To be honest, the speakers sound as good as the excelon 6.5s and 5x8s my my Camaro, just the bass isn't as good. But still, the bass is pretty good in the Durango. If I knew how great this upgrade in the D would sound I would have bought a Pioneer 5800bhs to have a full 7 inch screen. Only issue I had was steering wheel controls and once I updated the metra kit using the USB, worked great. I removed the cig lighter socket and replaced it with a dual USB plug, so can use it to charge phone and play music off USB sticks. Metra kit is about $75, face kit, $10 and the pioneer 3800bhs(has HD radio built in) is $185. Well worth the upgrade, very impressed with the stock infinity amp output and sound quality now.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.