Dodge Durango Forum banner

DVD player Install

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Willderness 
#1 ·
Anyone install the Mopar dvd player in their 04 or 05 Durango?

I'm looking to buy one and wanted to do it myself. Is it difficult and does anyone have a diagram or install instructions?

Do you need a bracket or does it screw right in to the ceiling? How about wiring? Is the wiring already there behinds the headliner or does it need to be run from the dash or something?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Rev,

Unless you're getting it for free I'dn't get the Mopar DVD. There are a few things to consider:

Do you have a sunroof? If so I'd definitely let an expert do it. Some weekends BestBuy and Circuit City have free install specials on their DVDs. If they don't it's $150. If you have the sunroof they have to carefully attach it to the sunroof crossbar. The $150 (or free) is worth it just for the lifetime guarantee on installation.

Also, The Mopar DVD is a 7 inch screen that (I believe) Doesn't swivel for $1300 invoice. I can get a 10.2 inch alpine for $1100 installed ($300 installation fee) from a CUSTOM audio shop in Dallas.

Unless you have tan interior and can't find a tan DVD I'd go to a shop or get the custom headrests for $1600.

Just my 2¢

Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.