Dodge Durango Forum banner

CD Player Problem

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tomk 
#1 ·
My wife's 2005 Durango is less than 2 months old. A couple of weeks ago, she turned the vehicle off only for it to keep running for 4-5 seconds. We took it in to the local dealer and they said they found water in the junction box under the hood. Possible short of some kind and they replaced the box and called for us to pick it up. She got into the vehicle and pushed the mode button on the radio only to find out that the CD player didn't come on. The AM, FM, Satellite features worked but not the CD player. Furthermore, when she turned off the truck the CD player started shuffling the CD's like she had selected another CD in the radio. We had absolutely no problems with the radio prior to them replacing the junction box. Now the dealer wants to replace the radio with a refurbished model and can't promise if we'll get her new CD's she had just purchased back. We took it to another dealer outside of town and they said that they could hoop up computer to it to check the software programming?that sometimes it needs re-setting after major electrical work had been done. After we picked up the vehicle, they said that the radio needed to be replaced and there was nothing else that could be wrong. Any advice for me?? I have a hard time believing that something could be wrong with only the CD player portion of the radio. Please help!!

#2 ·
you could try disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery to let it all reset.when I had my factory deck in my '98 this worked for me.I kept it off like 30 seconds and then re connected it.good luck.

#3 ·
The D is brand new, and under warranty? They shouldn't be saying they'll put in a refurb for you. If the radio is toast, you should be getting a NEW replacement, not a refurb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.