Gen1 1999 Dodge Durango Shelby - Thread and Registry
Close
Login to Your Account
Dodge Durango Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 317
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gen1 1999 Dodge Durango Shelby - Thread and Registry

  1. #1
    Administrator IndyDurango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    15,071
    Member #
    807
    Liked
    101 times

    Gen1 1999 Dodge Durango Shelby - Thread and Registry

    Found this prize on eBay, it was listed just today.

    1999 Dodge Shelby Durango SP 360 4x4 #176

    There are many good pictures of this D. I didn't know they had Kenne Belle Superchargers on the Shelbys. I thought all they had were a little handling, chip and show mods like the R/Ts. This one looks to be a real screamer. Since I can't have it, here's hoping a DOCer can.

    It wasn't sold at $12,569.60 after 27 bids.

    IndyDurango

    Edit 11/12/07 as a stickie because I get tired of looking for it via the Search function
    Wayne M. likes this.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vallejo,CA
    Posts
    140
    Member #
    185
    the shelby Durango I saw at the dealer had bucket seats in the back like the front buckets I'm not sure if that was an option or a specially order item or something the dealer addon
    98 5.9L Black 4X4 with 31" BF Goodrich MT's Rancho shocks, roof rack, Flow Master dual exhast, K&N air filter

  3. #3
    Durango Expert Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Durham NC
    Posts
    896
    Member #
    74
    Liked
    3 times
    Vehicle
    1998 5.2, 4x4, SLT
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDurango
    I didn't know they had Kenne Belle Superchargers on the Shelbys. I thought all they had were a little handling, chip and show mods like the R/Ts.

    IndyDurango
    While all Factory Authorized Shelby's came with superchargers, the brand used depended on "where" the modification into a Shelby occurred?

    Those scheduled for east coast delivery were modified by Star Coach Inc. in GA (no longer in business) and came with Paxton units. Those scheduled for west coast delivery were modified by Race Truck Trends in CA and came with Kenne Bell units. According to info gleaned by a DOC member who once toured the Star Coach facility, they used Paxton superchargers because they were never able to get the advertised HP gains with the Kenne Bell unit the original Shelby used.

    In addition to the "Shelby Signature" bucket seats (which "were" standard), they also come with a lot of other special touches like an A&A hood and body kit, Stillen brake kits, GTS headlight covers, a carbon-fiber dash kit, etc., etc.

    After reading an article about the Shelby D in Truck Trends magazine and deciding I really liked the "look", I decided to install some of the same items on my own D (i.e. the hood, Stillen brakes, dash kit, headlight covers, etc.) I never got the Shelby "Skunk Stripes" because I felt it just wouldn't be right to "brag" with the stripes if my D couldn't back it up!

    Some day?if I can ever save up enough to have a Fastman 408 and MS tranny dropped into my baby?the stripes will appear!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Administrator IndyDurango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    15,071
    Member #
    807
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDurango
    I didn't know they had Kenne Belle Superchargers on the Shelbys. I thought all they had were a little handling, chip and show mods like the R/Ts.

    IndyDurango
    While all Factory Authorized Shelby's came with superchargers, the brand used depended on "where" the modification into a Shelby occurred?

    Those scheduled for east coast delivery were modified by Star Coach Inc. in GA (no longer in business) and came with Paxton units. Those scheduled for west coast delivery were modified by Race Truck Trends in CA and came with Kenne Bell units. According to info gleaned by a DOC member who once toured the Star Coach facility, they used Paxton superchargers because they were never able to get the advertised HP gains with the Kenne Bell unit the original Shelby used.

    In addition to the "Shelby Signature" bucket seats (which "were" standard), they also come with a lot of other special touches like an A&A hood and body kit, Stillen brake kits, GTS headlight covers, a carbon-fiber dash kit, etc., etc.

    After reading an article about the Shelby D in Truck Trends magazine and deciding I really liked the "look", I decided to install some of the same items on my own D (i.e. the hood, Stillen brakes, dash kit, headlight covers, etc.) I never got the Shelby "Skunk Stripes" because I felt it just wouldn't be right to "brag" with the stripes if my D couldn't back it up!

    Some day?if I can ever save up enough to have a Fastman 408 and MS tranny dropped into my baby?the stripes will appear!
    Interesting info on the superchargers. I'd expect Carroll not to skimp on anything so that suprised me on the Kenne Bell units.

    The sig seats and the carbon fiber dash is pictured in the listings. Funny, with the seller being in Illinois, I'd have expected the D to be an East Coast version based on the local.

    The more I learn and know about the Shelby's, the more I want one So the stripes are back on yours when the 408 goes in eh? Kool!

    IndyDurango

    Edit = sig update

  6. #5
    Durango Expert 2K R/T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    684
    Member #
    385
    Liked
    2 times
    Vehicle Description

    1999 Dodge Shelby Durango SP 360 4x4 #176 52,252 Miles

    Limited Production #176, Kenne Belle Supercharger custom. 17x9 Shelby Monogrammed rims. TV, VCP, CD, Rear AC, Custom Racing Shelby Monogrammed Seats. Dual Exhaust, Headers.

    All books and records with vehicle

    This is a 2 owner car. I originally bought this Durango for one of my customers when I worked for Koller Dodge. I sold Vipers and other High Performance vehicles for the dealership. Any questions feel free to E-mail me or call me at 1-630-546-3742

    Wayne M. likes this.
    2000 R/T Durango Tricked Out

    2011 Honda Pilot


    Gimme Fuel,Gimme Fire,Gimme That Which I Desire

  7. #6
    Administrator IndyDurango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    15,071
    Member #
    807
    Liked
    101 times
    What do you think this is pictured and circled? MSD ignition?

    IndyDurango
    Edit = sig update
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #7
    Senior Member Heavy D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Abingdon, MD
    Posts
    377
    Member #
    33
    Liked
    5 times
    Strange. I never saw a Shelby Durango with regular seats in the second row. All the pics I ever saw had the cerillo seats front and rear. Another strange thing is the 4x4 wasn't lowered. I thought all of the Shelbys had the lower suspension that DMJ custom made for them.

    I not putting it down but never seen one set up like this. I does have the trade mark Shebly wheels on it.

    Also, when Star coach made the Shelby's, they did come with the Kenny Bells. When Shelby droped Star Coach, they created the Super Pursuit which used the Paxton supercharger. When I stopped by and visited Star Coach way back when, they told me there were some engine failures using the Kenny Bells so they started using the Paxtons. But maybe Star Coach had to make a slight change in the set up not to be sued by Shelby since they sort of ripped off his design.
    I don't really own a Durango, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :P

  9. #8
    Durango Expert 2K R/T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    684
    Member #
    385
    Liked
    2 times
    KB had a "Optimizer"
    Could be a MSD?
    This was on eBay before

    Rick
    2000 R/T Durango Tricked Out

    2011 Honda Pilot


    Gimme Fuel,Gimme Fire,Gimme That Which I Desire

  10. #9
    Administrator IndyDurango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    15,071
    Member #
    807
    Liked
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K R/T
    KB had a "Optimizer"
    Could be a MSD?
    This was on eBay before

    Rick
    What's an Optimizer and what was on eBay before?

    IndyDurango

  11. #10
    Durango Expert 2K R/T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    684
    Member #
    385
    Liked
    2 times
    The D was on eBay before, not sure if it sold or someone defaulted??
    "Optimizer" is a Piggyback on the ECM I think?? Some others may know more.

    Rick
    2000 R/T Durango Tricked Out

    2011 Honda Pilot


    Gimme Fuel,Gimme Fire,Gimme That Which I Desire

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. **SOLD** 1999 Dodge Durango 4x4 FS - Houston, TX
    By GunTotinD in forum For Sale
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 05:49 AM
  2. Shelby Durango #1076 spotted today at local Dodge Dealership
    By Thebugman in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
  3. 1999 Shelby Durango on eBay #115 with 15000 miles
    By Thebugman in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:32 AM
  4. Gen1 Dodge Recall
    By qwassy111 in forum Durango Recalls/TSB's 1998-03
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
  5. Shelby Durango
    By DBear in forum Durango Discussions 1998-03
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Search tags for this page

1999 shelby durango value
,
durango rotors
,

shelby dodge durango

,

shelby durango

,
shelby durango replacement parts for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.