Dodge Durango Forum banner

Snow Snow Snow is coming!!

13K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  IndyDurango 
#1 ·
Finally, some snow is coming to the DC area! I have been waiting forever it seems. Now to use that 4x4 again. I hope we get all 8 inches of it, that the weather man says is coming to us!!

#2 ·
I'm with ya, man!! I got my new tires and wanna try them out!! I hope we get maximum snow!! :twisted:

#3 ·
I like snow too, its fun! we got a little on the roads now in Wis. Just enough to make driving fun!

#5 ·
Thunderchild said:
YEEAAHHH BUUDDYY!! I'm going to have to get some nice new tires myself, now that I think about it. I have my eye on some Bridgestones right now. Looks like I'm going to have to get them soon.
I got my Kumho Venture M/Ts from Summitracing.com for about 110 each including shipping/handling/etc. nice aggressive tread and decent road manners!!

Attachments

#6 ·
I got the bfg all terrain and I love them?work great and they have that thing that if you get stuck or flat they'll pull you out, or come fix you flat for free?just piece of mind?Like the Kumho's too though, they look tough?how's the road noise on the highway?

#7 ·
butch1581 said:
I got the bfg all terrain and I love them?work great and they have that thing that if you get stuck or flat they'll pull you out, or come fix you flat for free?just piece of mind?Like the Kumho's too though, they look tough?how's the road noise on the highway?
IMHO, road noise ain't that bad, compared to my old GY Wranglers. but, then again, they coulda been roaring because they were cupped do to worn out steering/suspension parts.

#8 ·
tires

Hi guys,

I have a set of Cooper SXT's on my 2000 D. Tread looks the same as kohmos. I love them. The handleing is great, pretty quiet given the aggressive tread pattern. Traction offroad and in snow is fantastic, although they do seen to get a little squirrly in the wet. But then again maybe that means I got too much power. Na that can't be it. Anyway, they do get a bit noisy around 45-50mph, but at highway speeds they seem to get quieter. My dealer was actually very surprised. You see he tried to talk me outta them saying they were gonna be too loud, But I knew better. I already had a pair of 35/12.5 on my Bronco. I'd definetly buy them again.

#9 ·
Well dang! I was all excited about snow and what did we get? Dudsville!! Man and here it's the first week of February and we have no snow coming at all as far as the W-Man can tell. I was all excited about testing out my 4x4 with the new Bridgestone tires and now I guess I'll have to wait until spring showers to jump in some? MUD!!

#10 ·
butch1581 said:
I like snow too, its fun! we got a little on the roads now in Wis. Just enough to make driving fun!
Where in WI are you? I'm in Oshkosh and we had a little snow this past weekend but nothing significant. Most of it's all melted now. I think I used the 4WD a total of about 30 seconds just to get away from a stoplight or two. Other than that, it had excellent traction in 2WD.

#11 ·
Thunderchild said:
Finally, some snow is coming to the DC area! I have been waiting forever it seems. Now to use that 4x4 again. I hope we get all 8 inches of it, that the weather man says is coming to us!!
Guys!
I wish I were you. I hate the snow. :evil: :evil: :evil: It's slippery, a lot of snow and very
cold. :evil:
I have to use 4x4, because there's special chemical component on the road,
and it's very slippery. :evil:

#12 ·
it has been pretty depressing for snow-lovers here in New England?

My daughter is at college in Burlington VT, and today the webcam on the campus green ( http://chipmunk.uvm.edu/webcam/uvmgreen.jpg) showed NO SNOW AT ALL? all green/brown?

but I have enjoyed the low heating bills and not snowblowing the driveway :D

?tom

#14 ·
Here in the GREAT NORTHEAST (North of Albany, NY), we have NO snow on the ground and none forecast for the immediate future.
A little more than 100 miles NorthWest of here they got 35+ inches Yesterday. Gotta love Lake Effect, especially when the lakes still have open water on them.

Joe

#15 ·
Winter is almost OVER Stop saying the S word lets just look for a happy Spring!
Steve
DOC Pres

#16 ·
people say that according to the Farmers' Almanac, we're supposed to be getting slammed with snow either this month or March. well, here's to wishful thinkin'!! :twisted:

#17 ·
This is one time I'm Glad I'm not a farmer! LOL
Think Spring!
Steve
DOC Pres

#18 ·
Re: Well

FSTDANGO3 said:
This is one time I'm Glad I'm not a farmer! LOL
Think Spring!
Steve
DOC Pres
Spring don't start until late March. Still got time for serious snow!! :twisted:

#19 ·
Yeah FSTDANGO3 I agree. No high winter utility prices, so let's save that money for a? fishing vacation!! Man, I'm planning my vacation right now. Let's see, Marthas Vineyard for 2 weeks of fishing and sailing and eating and drinking and?

#20 ·
We didn't have any snow up until Christmas, then some, and suddenly 10inches a week ago. Another 5inches the last couple of days have given me problems with getting rid of it. But I like it, it gives me a big advantage over other cars!

The best tires for me are the ones with a soft rubber compound, but they wear out quickly on dry summer asphalt. All cars here therfore have two sets. Mine are re-threaded with a special mixture of soft rubber and sand particles. Unfortunately, they stopped making them in my size.

Attachments

#21 ·
Retreads on the front?
Here in NJ You can't use retreads on the front. And only on the back of heavier trucks.
Do you have a close up of the retread on those Good Years!
Just Curious
Steve
DOC Pres

#22 ·
Since they're winter tires and aren't going to be used at high speeds, he probably will never have a problem with them.

Speaking of snow, we're supposed to get some more tonight into tomorrow here. Goody?I just washed mine. :wall:

#24 ·
I have something to say to those whom wanted all this snow coming
Rasberries to you!
I say no snow!
Damn NorEaster coming our way! 6-12 " expected. ARGH!!
Steve
DOC Pres

#26 ·
Yeah

First it was gonna be 12" plus, then only 1-3, now 6-12"
They don't know! Hopefully it blows East out to sea.
Steve
DOC Pres

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.