Dodge Durango Forum banner

Heres one for you Durango experts

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Skater 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to disconnect the auto door lock the D does when you accelerate. I hate it everytime I get out and try to open the back hatch the door is locked.

#2 ·
I *think* this is the procedure to reprogram it:

1. Close all of the doors.
  2. Place the key in the ignition and cycle the key from the OFF position to the ON position for a total of four times ending in the ON position, do not start the engine.
  3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch to lock the doors within 30 seconds.
  4. You will hear a single chime when programming is complete and the automatic door locks feature will be deactivated.
  5. To enable the feature again, follow the above steps again.

#6 ·
That was the Ram process, I no longer have a '03 owner's manual... the D might be different.. If you have your owner's manual, it is in there..

I recall that you have to follow it EXACTLY or it doesn't work.. I think it took me a few tries on my '03..

...tom

#8 ·
Well after looking for the manual I did find it , instructions say to end with ignition off then hit the door switch.
Did this on my 03 SXT today, and happy to report that it worked. This is super beneficial especially with a Road Rally we are doing next month where there will be 4 of us in the D in and out about 50 times over the course of the day. This saves me from having to unlock the doors ALL THE TIME.

Thanks Skater for posting the question, and thanks to tomk for the solution.

Now to work on the "honk on lock" situation. That bugs me so much. Flashing lights I can deal with but the audible lock is a pet peeve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.