Total Transmission Fluid Change
I won't say where I got this but, suffice to say, I'm wondering if this is the correct procedure?<blockquote class=quote>13. Follow these additional 5 steps for complete transmission pan and torque converter fluid replacement.
- Obtain the total transmission fluid capacity from the manufacturer or AMSOIL and have that amount of transmission fluid available.
- Place a drain pan large enough to hold the total fluid capacity under the oil cooler. Disconnect the oil cooler lines from the oil cooler and direct the lines toward the drain pan.
- With another person, be prepared to add ATF to the transmission fill hole (dipstick hole) at the approximate rate as the fluid is being pumped out the transmission line into the drain pan.
- Start the engine, and as the old fluid is pumped out, add fresh fluid into the transmission fill hole.
- When either the fluid color brightens or the total capacity has been replaced, shut the engine off and re-attach the oil cooler lines. All fluid in the transmission pan and torque converter has now been changed.