I'm going to remove the clutch fan, stocker electric fan, old radiator, shroud, coolant overflow and windshield washer tank this weekend. Also re-running the grounds to the battery with a few mods there too. I have all new parts going back in and replacement concepts for the tanks and shroud that'll stand in for the stocker stuff.
I have a brand new Taraus fan, the Flexalite VSC controller that'll be used to keep the D cool automatically.
I'm hoping to be down just Saturday via a 5-10 hour session depending on what all it takes to complete the mods. I'll be over the road testing out the setup directly via trial-by-fire with a 650 mile round tripper to Northern Ohio on Monday, followed by the next weekend a 2500 mile round trip to Florida and then two weeks later a 1300 mile round trip to Carlisle. With daily driving tossed in there, I don't have the luxury of it not working the first time out.
- - Any nice photos of shroud tank replacements that you guys have done?
- I plan on grabbing 'key on power' from the fuel pump relay under the hood. Comments suggestions there?
- With the oil and transmission coolers, any predicted issues on uncoupling them from the stocker old radiator while the replacement goes in? I hope to just pull them out of the way but not sure on the bracket connectivity.
- Did you guys pull off the crossmember brace while doing the fan only swaps? I think it has to come off for the radiator swap.
- Any other advise, gotchas-to-look out for?
Thanks a million for all the advice, and assistance in advance. I'll document the swaps with photos for the forum.