Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Vehicle
    2011 Crew 3.6 RWD
    Mods
    Full Limo Tint, Stock R/T Exhaust

Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers

Well, instead of hijacking everyone else's threads, I figured I'd start my own, that way I can put it all together and in one place. I upgraded my 11 Crew v6 to the factory R/T exhaust and figured I'd put my research findings into one place so anyone else looking to upgrade to duals can find it.

This is what you are starting with:

Chrysler Parts Diagram:
    Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-tg11315.jpg

Actual Item take off the v6:
    Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-v6-exhuast.jpg

And as you can see here on the R/T Parts diagram, there are a few items that are missing to attach the resonator on the driver side (parts 12, 14, and 15):
    Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-tg11325.jpg

Parts needed:
    -Dual Exhaust of your choice - I picked the factory R/T exhaust bought second hand that I found here. You could also pick Flowmaster/Magnaflow/Borla/Corsa/etc, and any will fit
    -Driver Side Hanger Bracket (#12 in diagram) - Part# 68056521AC
    -Driver Side Pipe Isolator (rubber bushing, #14 in diagram) - Part# 5103520AA
    -Driver Side Resonator Isolator (rubber bushing, #15 in diagram) - Part# 52128501AA
    -New Lower Bumper Valence (will cover part #s later)

If you pick the factory R/T exhaust, this is the actual "take-out parts you should get when you pick up the R/T exhaust:
    Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-rt-exhaust-2.jpgUpgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-rt-exhaust.jpg

Make sure that if you are installing or having someone install, that the extension pipe from the v6 exhaust is used to attach the passenger cat-pipe to the muffler. The one from the dual v8 setup won't work. Also, for reference, the v8 exhaust will fit in the back of a Durango with the rear shut, but the front passenger seat will need to fold flat (sorry Citadel owners, you might run into issues transporting)

Now for the confusing part, the rear bumper lower valence. There are 8 different part numbers, and this piece gave me the most frustration in my search, since not all sites listed the differences between them and others used a 3 digit "sales code" that is known to Chrysler P&A people but not general public. I had to call many different dealership before I found one in Dallas that would help me out (keep in mind I'm in California)

Which one do you pick? Depends on options and desired look. There are 3 different "option choices" that make the different part numbers:

-With or Without Dual Exhaust
    -With or Without Accent Color
    -With or Without Tow Package

Since 4 of the 8 part numbers are for the single exhaust setup, I will exclude them, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this

Remaining part numbers: ***Note, these are for the 11-13 MY, the 14+ has a different valence***
    68092112AA - With Accent Color/Without Tow Package
    68092115AA - Without Accent Color/Without Tow Package
    68092113AA - With Accent Color/With Tow Package
    68092116AA - Without Accent Color/With Tow Package

Tow package is pretty self explanatory, so if you have one, pick the 68092113AA or 68092116AA. If you don't have a tow package, pick 68092112AA or 68092115AA

This next part was the hardest for me to get info on: What does "With Accent Color" and "Without Accent Color" mean. This is where that Dallas dealer was very helpful.

Does your Durango have/want the textured black pieces on the bottom all the way around like this?

Then you want to get "With Accent Color"

Do you have/want smooth, painted pieces all the way around the bottom (I believe only R/T, Heat, and Rally-e) like this?
    Upgrading single V6 exhaust to R/T duals with Part Numbers-dodge-durango-heat-1297291661.jpg

Then you want to get "Without Accent Color"

For mine, I used 68092112AA because I wanted to keep the black around the bottom and I don't have a tow package (will add later), and combined with the R/T exhaust, here is before and after:

And since I love the sound, here are a couple sound clips I took:

Start/idle/rev/launch

Light Throttle Drive-by

****UPDATE****

Took a vid today merging onto the freeway so everyone can hear the "popping" sound during hard acceleration upshifts. I have only heard it on 1-2 shifts, but never accelerated that hard for 2-3 or other shifts

Last edited by imadude1134; 08-05-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added pics... added a new vid... fixed some wording

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Vehicle
    2015 Bright White R/T
    Mods
    Volant CAI, BT Catch Can, Husky Mud guards, Factory hitch
    Nice job! The rear end looks so much better with duals, imo.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango Limited
    Great job. They should all have duals. I mean -- even the Explorer does. It's tough to find something in this class that doesn't.
    '14 Limited AWD in Granite: Premium Group, 2nd Row Captain Chairs, 2nd Row premium console, Steelcraft running boards, 20% front tint, cargo cover, Mopar slush mats, Airaid QuickFit air intake, Alpine aftermarket center channel speaker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DodgeDurango.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Durango Rallye
    Mods
    Mopar CAI, UPR Oil Catch Can, Magnaflow Exhaust, Mopar Pedal Kit, Mopar all weather floor mats
    I wonder if the 2014 rallye has the same exhaust or something similar. I know its a performance exhaust but does it sound like that when you rev?

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Vehicle
    2011 Crew 3.6 RWD
    Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
    I wonder if the 2014 rallye has the same exhaust or something similar. I know its a performance exhaust but does it sound like that when you rev?
    I believe Heat and Rally-e just use the standard v8 exhaust from Limited/Crew/Citadel to account for the extra hp, because they don't have any different sound from the standard v6. Also, all the literature I read just says "dual exhaust" or "dual exhaust tips" and doesn't mention performance exhaust or anything. R/T literature does mention an R/T specific exhaust, but doesn't call it performance, only "tuned"
    Last edited by imadude1134; 01-06-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: addition

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Vehicle
    2011 Durango R/T
    Tim, you did a great job. It looks and sound fantastic. Happy New Year! Karen.
    imadude1134 likes this.
    2011 R/T RWD - Redline Red - 20X9 +34 Gloss Black SRT "Spider Monkey" Reps - Brembo Calipers 6/4 - R1 Concepts Premiere Mini Slotted Rotors - Semi Metallic (front) & Ceramic (rear) pads - Rotora SS Brake Lines - Gorilla Locking Spline Lug Nuts - Bwoody front & rear sway bar end links - Bwoody rear upper control arms - GroceryGetter Strut Brace - Fastman 85mm throttle body - aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI - Corsa Performance exhaust - custom 91 octane tune - BT catch can (and some other BT stuff)

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    Vehicle
    '15 Dodge Durango RT
    Mods
    20" SRT rep rims, WeatherTech deflectors, front tints, much more coming soon
    Nice! I'd like to do the rt exhaust as well but I also want to install the Mufflex resonator delete kit (below). I think it will improve the sound even more.

5.7 V8 Hemi Rear Muffler Bypass - Mufflex Performance Store
    2015 Durango RT true blue (mine)
    2015 Sienna XLE premium (hers)
    2014 Durango limited awd (gone)

Member #
    Liked
    1747 times
    Vehicle
    2013 R/T D HEMI
    Mods
    DIABLO TUNING, 22 SRT WHEELS, AFE CAI, BILLET TECH GOODIES, CORSA
    Actually with the V6 Using just the R/T exhaust will sound good, Using the Mufflex as well, maybe not so good and no backpressure and less TQ.
    STEVE

BRIGHT WHITE R/T, HEMIFEVER TUNING, CORSA EXHAUST, FMTB, AFE CAI
    BT GOODIES, 22" SRT8 REPS, RK SPORTS HOOD,KATZKIN INTERIOR

"Dodgedurango.net welcomes all members with open arms, regardless of social status, creed, color, vehicle color, vehicle model or how it is modded. The only thing we discriminate against is DISRESPECT... We're not friends we are FAMILY"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6411..._comment_reply

Grasshopper
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Vehicle
    2011 Crew 3.6 RWD
    Mods
    Yea, I would think so. Also, the lack of back pressure from a resonator delete kit might make it sound farty and like an import

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Vehicle
    2014 Durango Limited
    Even the R/T exhaust on the V6 sounds a little raspy for my taste. I'm used to the deeper sound of Magnaflows. The Mufflex delete may cause a lot of drone on the highway. There's also very little details on that kit. I assume it deletes both rear mufflers/resonators?
    '14 Limited AWD in Granite: Premium Group, 2nd Row Captain Chairs, 2nd Row premium console, Steelcraft running boards, 20% front tint, cargo cover, Mopar slush mats, Airaid QuickFit air intake, Alpine aftermarket center channel speaker.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links