Jun 13, 2013 - 5:19 PM - by wicked
Welcome to DodgeDurango.net, the premier Dodge Durango Forum! Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Dodge Durango owners and enthusiasts. We cover the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Durango! We have many areas of interest on the site, including the full Dodge Durango Forums, Dodge Durango Pictures and free photo galleries for all members. To take full advantage of the site, all you need to do is register - it's quick and free. Click here to register.
Some of the more popular areas of the site are linked below:
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said Monday that the fourth-generation version of its Uconnect infotainment system will include both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, making the Auburn Hills automaker the latest manufacturer to embrace the two systems.
The adoption of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will help the automaker catch up to a number of other rivals that have already begun to adopt the popular infotainment systems. General Motors and Hyundai were among the first to offer them; Ford announced earlier Monday it is also offering the systems. Like FCA, Ford will make them available about a year after Chevrolet.
Here's the full press release from FCA:
FCA Announces New Fourth-Generation Uconnect® Systems at 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
Latest technology advancements help provide Car. Life. Balance.
• Uconnect team announces fourth-generation Uconnect systems featuring improved performance; Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ will be available globally in select models during 2016
• CES attendees will experience a digital technology concept display that explores future intelligent transportation
• FCA exhibit to feature concept brought to reality, the Uconnect 12.1-inch built-in touchscreen that enables integration of law enforcement computer systems with the industry standard Uconnect touchscreen system
January 4, 2016 - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. and its subsidiary FCA US LLC are heading to the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas with a display featuring the latest technology advancements in FCA vehicles and will provide a glimpse of the new fourth-generation Uconnect system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
"The Uconnect team is evolving Uconnect and making it even better," said Joni Christensen, Head of Uconnect Marketing, FCA US LLC. "With the launch of the fourth generation of Uconnect systems, we are continuing to minimize the everyday stresses of busy lifestyles by providing drivers with a variety of ways to stay conveniently connected to their vehicles, while making every drive exceptionally informative, entertaining and unique."
FCA also will offer CES... [Read More]
Dec 28, 2015 - 1:22 PM - by NickJ
Fiat Chrysler US has issued two recalls covering a total of about 570,000 Jeep and Dodge models. The first concerns vanity mirror wiring in the Jeep Grand Cherokee from the 2011 and 2012 model years, and in Dodge Durango units built before September 12, 2012. The automaker recalled almost 900,000 units last year to repair the issue, then faced more issues this year when the fires continued in repaired vehicles. This new recall seeks to resolve the issue, FCA saying that the post-recall fires happened in a tiny percentage of vehicles equipped with a specific wiring package. This recall is for 352,831 total units in the US, another 26,478 in Canada, 13,037 in Mexico, and 84,330 internationally. No injuries or deaths have been reported. FCA says it will inform customers as to when they can schedule a service visit to remedy the issue.
The second recall takes aim at 60,107 examples of the Jeep Compass and Patriot from the 2015 model year in the US, plus 5,755 in Canada, 3,351 in Mexico, and 23,995 in other markets. Those models could suffer from an out-of-position clamp on the power steering fluid line. The error could allow fluid to leak, increasing the risk of a fire if the fluid ends up on a hot surface. In the case of a complete loss of fluid, drivers will need to use a lot more effort to steer. The automaker reports no injuries or accidents, and will advise customers when to head to the dealer for service.
Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango
Statement: Vanity-Mirror Wiring
December 24, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC is recalling an estimated 352,831 SUVs in the U.S. to help ensure vanity-mirror wiring may be serviced more consistently.
Overheating conditions were reported among a small percentage of vehicles (<0.02%) serviced in connection with a related recall, conducted previously.** An FCA US LLC investigation discovered the service procedure, if not followed precisely, may leave vehicles susceptible to a short-circuit, creating a potential fire hazard.
The Company is unaware of any related injuries or accidents. Post-service overheating conditions were observed only in vehicles... [Read More]
Take a seat because if these rumors coming out of the FCA Dealer show come to fruition, Mopar fans are in for one hell of a ride. Keep in mind folks these are just rumors, but the 'leaks' coming out of there are turning into a huge plumbing problem.
Here we go......
- Redesigned Charger, supposedly draws inspiration from 1999's Charger concept car, possible arrival mid-2017, Looks "AWESOME".
- Two new Challenger models are coming. Challenger ADR (American Drag Racer) and T/A. ADR has 315's on all 4 corners, 1,000HP, unveil had it coming out of a cage. T/A is a road course car, upgraded suspension, no rear seat.
- Legendary Barracuda possibly be revived as a Dodge, lighter and smaller than Challenger, offered as coupe or convertible.
- Charger Daytona powered by a 340 Hemi
- Dodge Durango SRT sporting the 6.4-liter Hemi V8, rear-drive, dealers were shown a B5 Blue. Hot!
- Dodge will launch a 300HP Turbo charged Dart in R/T and GLH flavors, powered by 1.8 Turbo charged "Hurricane"
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk was announced with all-wheel drive, powered by Hellcat V8.
- Grand Wagoneer aimed at Land Rover, mid-2017 release.
- New Chrysler full size SUV, looked awesome, Durango size great design, had stow-and-go
» Recent Threads
» Search tags for this page
dodge durango forum,
dodge durango forums,
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Top Poster: FSTDANGO3
Welcome to our newest member, Boa
» Site Navigation
» Sponsored Links
» Today's Birthdays
13 members and 485 guests
Most users ever online was 4,961, 01-09-2016 at 09:12 AM.